Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Jake's POV

I shut the door to my car and look it, then I walk around to the back and grab my gym bag out of the trunk. I close that and start to walk up to the gym. I am usually the first one here, but both Maddie's and Jasmine's cars are here, which means that they probably spent the night here with Abby.

Abby... just the thought of her makes me smile just a little more and makes me want to work a little harder. I have loved Abby since the day she walked into the gym and showed up Jessie Prat on Bars. Jessie is long gone now, I don't know where she is but all I know is that The Rock doesn't even need her.

I walk into the gym and head over to the lockers, I throw my crap in after grabbing what I need. I turn around and head for the horse, but before I even take a step; I see someone working on the bars. It is a very basic routine, which means it must be one of the very dedicated junior gymnasts.

I walk closer to the bars, intending to ask whoever it is if they would like any help, but I am taken back at who I see on the bars.

"A-A-A-Abby?" I ask.

She does a simple dismount and then turns around to find out who called her.

"Jake, what are you doing here so early?" She asks, walking over to the chalk bucket.

"I am always here early, what are you doing on the bars!?" I ask, walking over to her.

"My Dad gave me the OK to train, so here I am." She says, giving me a smile that drives me nuts.

"Well, for just starting training, that was one hell of a routine." I tell here, finishing up my chalking and heading over to the horse.

"How's your shoulder? I heard that you dislocated it." She says, walking with me.

"Its pretty good now, it make a funny clicking noise; but to make the noise, I look like a retarded bird." I tell her.

She stops and crosses her hands over her chest, and begins to tap her foot.

"Well..." She says, giving me a look.

"Well what?" I ask.

"Let's see it."

"No, I already told you that I look like a retarded bird."

"Exactly, you can't say that and then not show me."

"Ugh, fine."

I swing my arms backward, doing what I have to do for it to make the sound. I do it a couple of times to show her what it looks like and then stop. I look at her face, it is a mix of nausea and about ready to die laughing.

"That is the grossest and strangest thing that I have ever seen." She says.

"What about you? Does your back make any weird sounds?"

"Yeah, I can continually pop it if I do back walk-overs." She says.

She falls into a back bend and then does a walk over. As she flips over, it sounds like a bag of popcorn in the microwave when all the kernels start to pop at once. She does it a few more times and it does it every time. She stands straight after doing the last one and look at me.

"Where's the popcorn?"

She looks at me and burst out laughing. She is laughing so hard that she falls to the ground in a heap and literally rolls on the ground laughing. She does this for 30 seconds or more before it begins to die down. I look at her and shake my head. I offer my hand out to help or up and she accepts it.

"Ha ha ha ha, it hurts to laugh! Ha ha ha ha ha." She says.

"Then stop." I tell her.

"I can't, that was funny! Holy crap I feel another 6 pack coming on."

In that moment she just looks so perfect that I can resist it and I smack my lips into Abby's. She is stunned for a second and probably doesn't know what to think. I am about to pull away, when I feel the pressure of her lips being pushed onto mine. I start to feel fireworks erupting in my stomach and tingles forming in my fingers. The longer we are kissing, the more sparks fly. I feel like I am in a cannon and any second I am going to go flying. We have to pull away, mostly for air and we just look at each other.

Abby, is biting her lip and dragging her foot along the mat. She is smiling and it just makes me feel so... I don't even know how to explain it.

"There is something that I need to tell you." I tell her.

I am about to say it when. "I have been in love with you since the day I walked in the gym and saw you spotting Jessie on bars."

"You said it first." I tell her.

"I have been dying to tell you, I just didn't think that you liked me back." She says.

My world begins to spin as I register what she has just said. She loves me, she really loves me. And she told me first, I didn't even have time to tell her before she told me. This is one of the best things that has ever happend to me! I look at her and see is just kind of staring at the ground, I move towards her and lift her chin up. She smiles at me and gives me a real quick kiss on the cheek.

"Well, we should probably tell Maddie and Jasmine." She says.

"Why?"

"Because they are right behind you." She says, smiling and slightly laughing.

"WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT!?" Jasmine yell, with excitement in her voice, as both she and Maddie run at us.

"What was what?" Abby asks, pressing her lips together and slightly shrugging her shoulders.

"You know what I mean!" Jasmine says, running up to us.

"Oh, the kiss?" I ask her.

"Yes, that. What was it all about?" Maddie asks, giving me a stern look.

"I don't know, what would you call it Abby? A slight peck on the cheek?"

"Yes, I guess it could be call that."

"Haha, very funny. Seriously, what was it all about?" Maddie asks.

"Well, we kissed and then told each other how we felt and then I gave him a kiss on the cheek. No biggie." Abby says, nonchalantly.

"You-you told him?" Jasmine asks Abby.

She just shakes her head back and forth very quickly, a bigger smile forming on her face the more she does it. This makes my heart swell with joy. I am so glad that she like me back.

"Okay, now; my Dad is going to be back any minutes, so we should probably get working so we don't get in trouble and he makes us do something extra, even just the though kills me." She says.

We all look at each other, and you can read it in our faces, just the thought of doing one of Sasha's "extra" work out's is enough to kick our butt's in gear. We get stretching and do a few laps to warm up. We finish and we all head to our apparatuses. Abby to bars, Maddie to beam, and Jasmine to vault. Each of those being their specialties. I make my way over to rings and begin to train.

A/N:

My gosh guys, I am so sorry that it has taken me FOREVER to update. School has sunken it talons into me and pulled out any little bit of inspiration that i have had through my nose. Basically, it SUCKS!! Sorry, this is just a little bit of a filler chapter, but it's an update. Please just bare with me as the first quarter gets done and I will be able to settle into an update schedule. Hopefully it won't take to long!

Anyway, here it is! Please vote and comment, it makes it a little bit easier to write the updates.

Have a good day! :D

~Abby!~