Chapter 11

"Humph so this is your girlfriend is she? Dia is right. Perhaps you are-" Slonn said to her daughter.

"I take it this is your mother Sonas." Neart said to Slonn politely. Slonn gave her a stiff glance and the blonde's reaction if offended nothing showed on her face. The blonde was very good at keeping composure with her mask and keeping one. She seemed to be more open with Sonas though, especially lately. "It is nice to meet you Mrs. Murphy. You are obviously an able medical professional if you can keep her alive."

"Well- yes." Slonn said to Neart. She was taken off gaurd by her kindness and compliments. Sonas' mother expected something different from her, apparently expected Sonas' lover/girlfriend to be different. She seemed pleasantly shocked. She had mixed feelings about the blonde, it was evident in her eyes suddenly. Neart spoke gently and polite with our any emotional intensity. "Thank you. I am not sure this makes you on my good side though. Its still odd this relationship of yours with my daughter. My other offspring are all straight and my husband does not seem to have an opinion on this."

"I do not mean to offend. Sonas is very important to me Mrs. Murphy."

"That is evident as you've been by her side for two weeks when you were not in school."

The girl, Sonas Muprhy who was being talked about by her mother and lover was in wrappings, wrapped up tightly in mummy wrappings or something similar, above those were clothes and multiple white sheets and blankets were on her. Her hand was outside the blanket and held Neart's for comfort. The only thing of her body that was not covered was her eyes so that she could see. She felt weak. If she moved, she could move, but she felt intense pain when she did. The presence of Neart lately when she visited Sonas, for some reason her body had not been engulfed in flame for a week.

In reaction to what the doctor -dressed in white robes, who was Sonas' mother- to what she said Neart's cheeks faintly reddened. Her mother did not notice this and when Slonn looked at her face the flush was gone.

She wanted to impress this person that was Sonas' mother and it helped the woman was a doctor which was something she wanted to be. If she was on the goodside of Sonas' family, it would be easier to get the acceptance of Sonas' parents- what was harder was the acceptance of her father. She wanted to marry Sonas.

Perhaps she was being foolish but she was very in love with Sonas, even though she was not very expressive about it. Sonas saved her from rapists and she almost lost Sonas when she thought she died. When she was charred on the ground, when she was not let inside the hospital room she eventually had to go home and when she was home she had nightmares about her past life which she started to find out about lately.

The fact that they were soul mates or something like that explained so much the secret intensity of her feelings for Sonas. It helped ease her confusion about her sexuality and made it matter less if that made any sense. As love was a powerful thing. Also in their past life Sonas had wanted to get married, because she did not want to it set off a chain off events that- it was her fault Sonas died in a past life or so she was of the opinion.

"This is not a case the staff at this hospital can understand. The police have investigated and there was no fire to cause these massive burns all over Sonas' body, all over your body daughter. It does not make any sense. The witness, the girl who admitted to harrassing Sonas, noticed her body started to charr without fire before her eyes." Slonn began to explain to Neart. It was obvious to Sonas' mother that she was curious as anyone would be to this confusing situation.

"No the fire was there! The burning!" Sonas said to her mother. Her voice rose, she let go of Neart's hand and grabbed the sides of her temples with her palms. Her moved side to side. Slonn took a step back.