Chapter 10

"Yes Daddy."

"While it is important to keep fit, self-defense is important to protect yourself against rapists, people who want to hurt you, kidnap you, bully you or do anything horrid to my precious daughter. Women unfortunately are more prone to bad things happening to them as a large variety of men- The point is if you are alone, going to the store or something, if one of your brothers, I, or your grandparents or your often drunk Uncle is not there to protect you, you have to be able to protect yourself."

"I know, I know father. The world is not full of dire wolf or donkey sized pigs that fly, and awesomeness. Please don't start being like Dia and say I have to start to grow up."

"I did not say that. I did not say that at all. You never have to move out of the Murphy mansion if you do not want too or get a job. To know self-defense is important for your personal protection, to have a good grasp of education can help you foster relationships with other people and- education is not just good for a job- You are healthy and if you wish the family will always be able to provide you. I do not mind your childlike personality, however you always must protect yourself."

"I do not like all those reasons on why self-defense is important. I think martial arts is fun, to beat people in battle in a friendly match, protect the ones I love and to get sweaty is awesome fun. Why did you exhale so deeply?"

"Well as long as self-defense is important to you."

-

"Princess." Cosanta said to his four year old daughter.

She looked up at him and blinked with big green eyes. "Yes Daddy?" She asked him.

The family thought the dark blood red hair she had was very odd. He loved his daughter very much, pretty she was his favourite child and he did not really find anything wrong with her. Sometimes he was annoyed by the fact that she was frequently and easily distracted. On the other hand at the time she was only four years old.

The fact that she was four years old made him dislike the pain that he had to cause her. He was not exactly about to cause her any physical harm, lay any punches or kickes on her. However it was three am, they were in the back of the mansion, there was the ocean, the cacophony of crickets and large rolling ocean waves behind them on the beach made everything very distracting. They had their own private beach. He did not exactly want to do this to her, he had done it to his sons before because it was the easiest way to get flexilibity started. He exhaled sharply, hesistated and then Sonas got bored of the long silence. She turned around and started to chase the waves. She ran backward when the ocean waves came in and ran forward when they went back out into the ocean. She giggled a lot. She felt very safe with her father.

He thought about a way to make this process easier for her and nothing to came to mind. He just stood there deep in thought while she chased the waves.

He sighed. There was nothing to do about it.

When Sonas ran backward, neared him, he slammed his palms down onto the little girl's shoulders and forced her legs into the splits. Her eyeballs almost popped out of her skull, she flinched and her arms and legs shook. He held her down into a splits position while he stood for about a hour, her legs eventually became numb. He then helped her up. When they both walked to the house, her steps were clumsy and pained.

Cosanta had secret emotional pain when his beloved daughter did not talk to him for a week. The flexiblity exercises over the next few years were more slow and easier. They did train at least eight hours a day, sometimes less if his daughter was too tired, also he helped increase her strength and endurance. She also sparred with her brothers and father frequently. Gleoite liked to fight less than his more manish siblings.