-

When he was home his mother giggled and gave him the phone after he called her. She was so happy for once, but then again maybe the make-up stuff his parents did behind closed doors helped. He answered the phone and blinked.

“Is this Gleoite Murphy?” A depressed voice came through the phone. He frowned. He was asked this. This surprised him.

“Yes.” Gleoite said to the voice.

“This is Gwyneth Gray.”

“Oh- I see.”

“And here I thought getting to know you would light up my life.”

“What?”

“Nothing. Look Gleoite, I want to have dinner with you, we can split the pay and- maybe after a poetry reading meet-up we can-”

“Food?”

“Is that all think about? Do you have no dark thoughts?”

“Does incestuous thoughts about one's sister count?”

“I like dark humour.” Miss Gray sounded cheerful when she said this to him. He wanted to turn her off but it did not work.

“Fine.” He said to her. He exhaled sharply. She snorted in response.

“Can I fix your hair though?”

“What's wrong with my hair?”

-

Merrill Murrell a neighbour of his walked up to his window on Sunday, in front of his mansion and knocked on it. His car was just outside the mansion. He rolled down the passenger's seat window. He looked at the twenty five year old. She looked about nineteen. There was small smile on her face and she wore a simple dress. The sun shone down on her like a spotlight. She put her fingers together and began to twitch. Merrill was always odd and quiet.

“Do you like pictures?” She asked him.

“I like clothes, animation, romance and food.” He said honestly.

“Oh- well I can make you some food.”

“Did you need something?”

“I- I- hum- I hum- would you-? Would you hum-?'

“Do you need some help arranging wall pictures or something? Maybe some help with your wardrobe, I know that has nothing to do with pictures but man you really need to-”

“Yeah! I need help arranging my house and things are just so heavy.”

“Oi.”

“You don't want to?”

“I had a long day Merrill.”

“Oh pretty please- I- this is so important to me.”

“Why?” He asked her. Her cheeks were all alight. He sighed and said yes.

-

Merrill Murrell was a neighbour of his and of a similar social class. Her house was smaller, though fancy and she lived mostly alone. His shift was during the night that time on Monday, he slept from the time he got home and till noon. He had an long shower and overwashed every body part. He got dressed in somewhat nice light cloloured clothing and made himself smell nice. It took a while to brush and braid his hair. To take care of his amount of hair all the time took a lot of hair but he liked his hair. He went to her house, he did not understand the constant blushing and the overt stares. He did somethings she asked like hang up pictures and it was too essy.