The receptionist greeted me and informed me that my father was waiting in his office. I took the elevator to the top floor and when I got out I saw rows of working people. They were typing away on their computers looking hard at work, whilst I had never worked a day in my life. Most of them I recognized from functions, but had never spoken to.

Is this really the life I want? I thought to my self as I was approaching the office fast.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response, which I got in seconds. Once I did I entered and saw him sat in his office chair waiting for me.

"Dominic." He smiled. "I'm glad you actually showed up this time."

"Yeah, well this time I'm serious." I told him.

"Well, take a seat. Let's get started." He Instructed.

I sat down on the chair and faced him as he sorted out some documents that were on his desk.

"So, why do you want to work now?" He asked.

"Because I can't live off your money forever dad." I answered.

"Well you could if you wanted to, but I'd prefer if you didn't." He told me. "So what's the other reason?"

"What do you mean?" I said, confused by the question.

"For years I have tried to get you to become a business man, offering to train you myself and you've always refused my offer. So why now? What has changed your mind?" He explained.

"Can I be truthful, like a father and son kind of talk?" I gulped.

"Of course." He nodded.

"Well there's this girl-"

"Surprising." He cut me off.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I growled.

"Well it's surprising that a girl has got to you. You're not really the romantic type anymore Dominic. It's a good thing." He replied.

"Well anyway, there's this girl and she made me realise I shouldn't be sponging off you for the rest of my life." I continued.

"See! This is why we can't have an a conversation!" He exclaimed. "One thing is mentioned about the past and you shut off. That wasn't what you was going to say, so stop shutting down and say what you was going to say."

"Okay fine! I want a job so I can prove to her I'm not just a boy who depends on his fathers money. I want to be a man and show her I can be, so then she won't have to look elsewhere as she has already done." I admitted.

He sat there silent, just staring at me. I looked down to the floor as I realised what I had said. My dad knew me better than to know this was a stupid crush. When I made life changing decisions because of a girl, I always followed through and was serious. Such as moving to Brooklyn, except that was to get away from a girl.

"So.. Have you told her how you feel?" He asked.

"No.. I pushed her away instead." I answered.

"Well that was stupid." He pointed out. "So how are you going to prove yourself if she's not in your life?"

"Because I'll make something off myself, then go and get her. But I doubt she'll be single." I sighed.

"Why'd you think that?" He asked.

"Because there was this guy.. Last night. I saw them go into her apartment together and I had seen him once before with her." I told him.