9. Fear, family & doubts

Start from the beginning

"You sure? Because I'm holding you to that promise,"

"Yup."

"What do you usually do on Sundays anyway?" He asked randomly.

Felicity lifted her head and smiled brightly at him.

"What?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Well...Sundays are usually reserved for my Netflix marathons." She said with joy.

Oliver gave her a look that said he didn't share in her enthusiasm.

"Ah come on. Do you even know what Netflix is? Was it around before you...you know, went to the Island? Come on," She grabbed his hand and led him to the living room. She proceeded to turn on her smart TV and load up the Netflix app.

"I've never watched much TV." He told him.

"It's okay. We'll change that." She assured him.

She settled on a docu-series that shadowed different inmates. Oliver had no idea why she picked it, but he watched alongside her quietly.

It didn't seem like that much time had passed, but the sun had set and the clock read 7:13 P.M. Oliver looked down to see that Felicity had fallen asleep on his chest so he gently laid her on the couch. Watching TV with her, he could handle. But being up by himself gave his mind too much time to think.

His thoughts would take him down a guilt trip. What was currently plaguing him was his time at Nanda Parbat. Day after day he had to "erase" Oliver Queen from existence. He killed men. He kept secrets from those he cared about the most. He kidnapped Felicity just to prove his loyalty. What kind of man did that make him?

He started to think that he didn't deserve her, their unborn child or a happy ending. He was a monster.

Oliver sighed and decided to go for a walk. He couldn't continue to remain restless and allow his mind to drive him crazy.

He scribbled a note to Felicity telling her he'd be back in case she woke up before he returned. His brisk walk turned into a full out jog and he found himself standing in front of the home he once shared with Thea.

He didn't have his key, but he remembered Thea always kept a spare under the flower pot that sat by their front door. He was surprised to find it still there and let himself in. His eyes took him to the spot where he found Thea after Ra's had stabbed her.

He closed his eyes and redirected his thoughts as he went upstairs to grab a few things. Just as he took his first step, he heard something behind him.

He didn't have his arrow, but he spotted a nearby sword Thea kept. It had been a gift from Malcolm. But in that moment, Oliver was going to use it to defend himself.

"Ollie?" Thea looked back and forth between her brother and the sword in his hand.

"Thea," He sighed with relief as he placed the sword back in it's place.

"I guess it's good you're still alert. What are you doing here?" She shut the door behind her.

"I needed to pick up a few things. I'll be staying with Felicity for a while."

"Oh. You could always stay here. I've been at Laurel's since...coming back."

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be okay." He smiled at her.

"Okay well still the door is always open or whatever." She shrugged.

"What are you doing here if you're staying with Laurel?" Oliver asked.