Classy Yet Trashy

I walked inside my house and threw my beach clothes into the washer.

"Kristi, honey?" Someone called out for me.

"In here!" I called back.

"Oh, here you are! I made some desserts, where are your friends?" My nana asked.

"Oh, they dropped me off and had to leave, I'd love to eat your desserts though, do I get any?" I teased my nana.

"Of course! You've looked like you lost some weight dear, what happened?" My Nana asked with a concerned look plastered on her face.

"Oh, I've just been stressed..." I lied as we walked into the kitchen. She stopped walking in her tracks and turned around to face me.

"Dear. Now you know you can tell me anything, I'm always here for--" All of a sudden, the tears I've been holding in for the past few hours came out like crazy and uncontrollable.

"Aw dear...what happened? Who hurt my baby girl?" My Nana asked as she soothingly ran her fingers up and down my shoulder.

"Aus--ty--n," I muffled out through my sob.

"Oh baby girl, what did that jerk face do?" She asked as she pulled me away and met my eyes. Which I'm pretty sure are red. And there I spent my night, eating desserts and pouring out my feelings about Austyn to my Nana.

"How could he do that?!" She asked in shocked. By that time, I was over and done crying.

Stuffing my face with food was the best option.

"Exactly!" I muffled out through the food in my mouth. "He thinks he can just come and go as he pleases! Like I am not a toy, and I will not get treated like a toy."

"There you go, that's the way! Don't cry over him anymore, okay? You are better than him and deserve better and if he can't see that, then let him go," my Nana replied as I nod in agreement.

I couldn't wait to go back to school and forget everything that happened during my horrible break.

To be honest, I missed it.

After the talk with my Nana, I happily made my way to my room and stripped off for a hot shower, preparing for a night without a soaked pillow. 

1 Week Later

I stretched out of my bed and dragged myself to my bathroom to get ready. Finally, school is here! After I showered and picked my outfit out, I grabbed my bag and phone and left to go downstairs for some breakfast.

"Morning dear," my mom approached me as she put bacon and eggs on my plate.

"Thank you! Nana's leaving today, isn't she?" I asked as I swallowed in my food with some orange juice.

"Yes she is, your mother and I will drive her to the airport in Sacramento later today so you'll have to go pick up Kaytlyn later," my dad chimed in as he sipped his coffee and read his newspaper.

"Wait does Kayt have a soccer game tonight?" I asked, almost forgetting about her game.

"Oh crap! She does...go tonight for her Kristi, your dad and I won't make it," my mom responds.

"Yeah--okay! I gotta go now, bye!" I kissed them off, "bye Nana!"

"Bye baby, don't forget what I said!" She called off to me before I went out.

"Never will!" I yelled back and got into my car.

I pressed the window down and blasted my music. The weather is so nice today, thank god I live in California!