Chapter 13

(Tori's POV)

"Today you will shadowing you father to see what it is like being a team leader. He has two S.H.I.E.L.D meetings and two training sessions today." Fury informed me. Before I can lead m own team, I have to know the stress of being a leader. Especially to the New Avengers. This should be fun...

(Three Hours Later)

"One meeting down, one to go." Dad looks down at me while we walk out of the conference room and to the next meeting with the Avengers. The first meeting was just about how the Avengers have been doing lately and me. It was a little awkward with them talking about me while I was in the room. The S.H.I.E.L.D Board of Directors kept on saying "no offence". Yeah like that did any good. I was still slowly killing them over and over again a hundred different ways in my mind.

"Haha." I said plainly.

"Hey, you wanna be the leader. This is what comes with it." Dad smiled as we walk into the next conference room.

"Captain. Glad you we're able to make it. We know you have a hectic schedule. And you must be his daughter?" One of the men in a black suit greets.

"Yes, my name is Victoria. Nice to meet you sir." I smile and greet.

"You too Miss Rogers. Now, shall we start?"

"Let's." My father agrees. Oh joy. Another boring meeting about S.H.I.E.L.D.

(One Hour Later)

"Miss Rogers? Sorry to interrupt but your team is in need of your help in Chicago. The Grim Reaper appeared more powerful than before and is wiping out downtown Chicago." Agent Hill announced as she

"I'll be right there." I replied as I stood up. "Sorry to cut this meeting short gentleman, but my team needs me. I look forward to seeing you all again." I smile and say as I walk out of the room with Hill. "What happened?" I say angrily.

"Fury sent your team to capture the Grim Reaper thinking it would be an easy assignment. But what Fury didn't count on was Reaper having tesseract power. Now he is using that power to wipe out most of Chicago and your team can't do anything about it." Hill explained.

"Why can't they do anything about it?" I ask worryingly.

"Reaper used the power to freeze them and use them as trophies. They're still alive, they just can't move."

"Great." I scowl.

"There's a Quinjet waiting for you. Fury will explain more when you're in the air." Hill tells me then we part. I go to get my Shield and head for the Quinjet.

(Fury's POV)

"Are you sure about this sir?" Hill asks me as she walk into the room.

"She is the only one capable of this. She has to go under cover to do so and if it means having her think Barton is cheating on her, then it's worth it."

(Tori's POV)

I get to Chicago and see my team, just like Hill said.

"Ahh, the little Soldier." Reaper said when he saw me.

"Let my team go Reaper."

"How about no. How about I make you just like them?"

"No thank you." I smirk.

"Too bad, you don't have a choice." He said as he blasted his power at me. But it didn't do anything. What?

"Impossible!" He yells. Then he lunges at me, but I trip him and knock him out with more power than I thought I had.