Hospital Beds and Other Joyous Things

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey guys xD hopefully you're enjoying the fic so far... please give me feedback because I've been feeling less motivated lately. Vote, Comment, and Fan if you want me to continue this... xD

Loveeee,
Peanut<3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes opened and tried to focus on the dimly lit surroundings. I was assuming it was somewhere in the night because the only light source in the room was the dim light coming from the moon through the window. My eyes finally came completely into focus and there was a figure to my right. It was a guy, I could tell because he was clutching my hand and his hand was so much bigger than mine. Destery was asleep in one of the uncomfortable, metal hospital chairs, sitting parallel to me, and he had his left arm on the hospital bed, entwined with mine. His fingers laced around mine perfectly, and I savored the moment. I felt comfortable like this, both of us sleeping, him holding my hand. It was nice. I looked over at his sleeping face and wondered how long we'd been here. I decided not to give it too much thought because it hurt my brain, and I slowly drifted back to sleep. 

The next time I opened my eyes, it was a little bit brighter, but my hospital room lights weren't turned on yet. It was quite well lit in my room thanks to the sunrise in my hospital window. Destery was awake, but I dont think he realized I was awake. He was zoning out. He had a blank expression on his face, but tears were falling. Immediately at that moment my heart shattered. Destery was crying. I tried to speak but I could only open my mouth and tense my belly, no words came out. So instead, I moved my right hand, the hand he was clutching as he silently cried. I moved it a little and his attention was brought back. 

"Oh my God Brookie! You're okay!" he said, before he burst out into another fit of silent tears. He turned away from me for a moment, to wipe away his tears, as if I didn't just watch him cry for like 30 seconds flat. 

I smiled at him in response since I couldn't talk. I squeezed his hand, and he smiled at me. He then playfully frowned "Don't you ever fucking scare me like that again Brooklyn. I swear to God. I was terrified."

I smiled at him again, before trying to speak. I wanted to tell him to give me a kiss, but nothing came out of my mouth again. He saw that I was trying to say something, so I just puckered my lips to show him I wanted him to kiss me. He smiled his gorgeous, sexy smile, and moved his gorgeous, sexy black hair out of his face before he softly collided his lips with mine. His lips were soft, and smooth. He kissed me a few times before he leaned back into his chair, holding my hand tightly. 

I tried to speak one more time and finally words came out.

"Are you alright?" I said softly to Destery, looking at him, slightly worried. 

He started to say yes, before a single tear rolled down his cheek and he changed his answer to 'no'.
"You scared me Brooklyn, I thought you were done for. You fell like four stories, onto a dumpster. Your head was bleeding really bad, and bruises had already started to form on your body. I thought you were going to die Brookie." He said, his voice cracking as he said my name as he choked back tears. 

I scooted my body over a little, now laying in a comfotable position on my side. I told Destery to climb into bed with me, and he did. He climbed in and lay on his back. I wrapped one hand around his waist and the other was just above his head playing with his hair. He resumed his earlier postion and held my hand as we cuddled, and both him and I were so exhausted that we both fell asleep again. Just as I was falling asleep, I heard Des mumble something, but I wasn't quite sure what it was. 

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
I woke up again, and I was still in the hospital bed, but Destery's spot beside me was left vacant. I then caught a glimse of red hair in the narrow hospital window, before I saw Destery, looking totally furious and stressed out beyond belief. His mouth opened but it was like watching a silent movie, I couldn't hear anything they were saying.