Chapter 18

a few months later...

{SCOTT'S POV}

"God, I can't believe we are graduating this weekend" Stiles sighed.  I just smiled to myself.  It was crazy, it feels like just yesterday I was a freaked out sophomore getting bitten by none other than the annoying Peter Hale.  Speak of the devil, here he comes now.

"Where the hell is Isaac?" Peter demanded as he walked up to Stiles and I, who were currently leaned up against the lockers.  I glanced over to see Isaac in a full on make out session with Fuller.

"Swapping spit with Fuller, are you really sure you want to interrupt that love fest?" I smirked, loving the joy of teasing Peter "why do you need Isaac anyway?"  Peter groaned at my comment before answering, and Stiles and I both laughed.

"It's not me that needs him, it's Derek that needs him" Peter stated annoyed.  I watched Stiles face flash with jealousy and I had to suppress a laugh.

"And for what reason?" I quizzed a little more willing now that I knew it was Derek that wanted to speak with Isaac and not Peter.

"Something about college plans for Isaac and some other shit I guess" Peter sighed.  I watched Stiles shoulders sink in relief and I just smiled.  I was about to reply when Jackson's eyes met mine down the hall, he was giving me a questioning look.

"Look, talk to Isaac or don't, it really doesn't concern me" I sighed "now if you'll excuse me."  I pushed past Peter and basically ran down the hall to meet up with Jackson.

"Hey" I smiled giving him a kiss on the cheek and taking his hand as we started down the hall.

"Hey" he grinned "so I got in."  I held back a frown.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him, but the school that he got into is all the way in London.  I know he wants to be a doctor and all, and that's great, but it's so far away.

"That's great" I choked out.

"You're upset" he accused in a soft voice.

"I'm not upset" I countered as we exited through the back doors of the School, seeing how it was the end of the day.

"Really Scott?  You do realize I can tell when your lying, right?" he stated and I felt my shoulders slump.  I released Jackson's had and leaned back against the wall of the school.

"It's so far away" I sighed in honesty.

"I know, but It's not like anything's going to change" Jackson reasoned "I promise to call you every day."

"A lot can change in four years Jackson" I mumbled and he gently stroked my cheek with his fingers.

"Look I won't go if you don't want me to" he offered but I shook my head.

"No, you have to go.  It's one of the best schools in the country for medicine" I sighed "I don't want to hold you back from your dream."

"I can always find another school that's closer" he suggested.

"You could, but it would never be as good as the one your going to now" I whispered "You have to go, I'll be fine."  Jackson placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"I know four years sounds like a lot, but it will pass before you know it" he assured me before kissing me on the lips.  I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around my waist.  Once I pulled away I buried my face into his chest.

"I love you" I mumbled in to his shirt, but it sounded more like my muv moo.  He seemed to understand though.

"I love you too" he sighed, kissing the top of my head.  Though as comfortable as it felt in his arms, I was still worried, and for a good reason too.  A lot can change in four years, so lets just hope that they aren't bad changes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys, so here is the end of chapter 18 and evidently the end of book one of the Oblivious Hearts series.  Now before you freak out, yes I am planning a second book and I should be starting it some time this week.  I'm not sure what I'm going to call it just yet, but I will be sure to let you know when I figure it out.  I hope you all love this book and what's to come in the second book of the series!  :)