Chapter 10

{SCOTT'S POV}

I just ran and ran through the forest not having any specific location in mind.  I just wanted to get as far away from him as possible.  Finally after an hour of running I collapsed against a tree and buried my face in my knees.

This can't be happening, I can't just break this easily.  Why can just one flash of his eyes make my heart beat faster, but yet still feel like a stab in the heart.  He betrayed us to the alpha pack, he left us to die just so he could save himself.  I let out a frustrated cry.

Why do things have to be so complicated, why can't they just be simple for once.  Why can't it be as simple as it was before I was bitten and changed into a werewolf.  I smashed and angry fist into the dirt blowing off a bit of steam.

"Help!" I heard the scream of a woman.  I jumped up ready to fight off enemies as I listened for the girl again.

"Help!" came the woman's voice again and I followed it to the west.  I crashed through the woods determined to help her but it felt as though I was just running in circles.

"Scott!" cried the woman and then I saw my mom being held against the wall by Jackson.

"Let her go!" I screamed charging at them but suddenly they disappeared and crashed into an invisible wall.  I whipped my head around frantically in search of my mom but I didn't see her anywhere.

"Mom!" I called out in a panicked voice.

"Calm yourself Scott, your mom was never here.  That was just an illusion"  I spun around to see a big muscular man standing there and I immediately recognized him.

"Your the alpha that Jackson went with" I accused.

"Yes, I'm scar" he smirked.

"What are you doing this forest is our territory" I growled.

"Forrest? Your territory?" he said curiously "I never stepped a foot in your territory boy."  I looked around as the surrounding forest suddenly changed to a steel room.  I jumped a bit.

"Where the hell am I, how the hell did we get here" I said startled.  Scar just started chuckling in a deep voice.

"I can get inside your head so easily Scott, I can make you see whatever I want you to see.  You came here all by yourself with the help of me giving you the path" he smiled.

"Let me go" I growled.  Suddenly scar shifted into and exact copy of Jackson.

"But Scott, you have to give me a chance to explain" he said in Jackson's exact voice and then shifted back into himself "Scott, I'm hear to settle a score with Jackson, and your the key element."  I found myself cringing at the sound of Jackson's voice.

"What are you planning to do with me?" I ground through my teeth.

"Not much, just a bit of torchering" he smirked and then he racked his claws against my chest and I screamed out in pain.  When I flipped over to protect my wounds he scratched his claws on my back and I felt tears of pain streaming down my face.  I suddenly jumped up and started heading towards the door when the scene changed and I was back in the forest and I froze.

"Now you didn't think I'd let you get away that easily did you?" he said with a disappointed tone "It seems you've already forgotten my abilities to get inside your head."  Then he was throwing me across the forests great expanse until I hit an invisible wall, and I found myself crying out to someone I never thought I would.

"Jackson" I whimpered right before I blacked out.

{JACKSON'S POV}

"So what did you have in mind?" I questioned Lily.  She brought her hand up to her chin putting on her thinking face.

"Well we definitely  aren't going to use the direct approach" she said with a smile and I winced at that.  I already felt bad about ambushing Scott in class as it was.

"Ok I'm sorry, that was really mean" she apologized "Look, I feel like the best thing would be gaining his trust little by little before we do anything drastic."  I nodded.

"God, I really wish I could apologize to him" sighed sinking into my seat.  Lily sat down right in front of me.

"He will forgive you Jackson" She stated looking me strait in the eyes and I nodded.  I remembered back to when I was in the alpha pack.  My first few days I was feeling really guilty and Scar offered to help me out.  He had this power to make you see things, so he made me see an illusion of Scott so I could apologize.  Although illusion Scott forgave me a lot easier than the real Scott.

"How can you be so-" I was cut off mid sentence as I felt a deep pain of claws racking against my chest.   I hugged my chests as I screamed out in pain an Lily had an alarmed look on her face.

"Jackson what's-" she started but was cut of when I screamed again as I felt claws dig across the small of my back.  Lily had to catch me when I lurched forward.

"Jackson, what's going on?" Lily asked in a desperate voice.  Then I felt as though I was hitting something solid like a wall.

"Scott, Scott's in trouble" I said as it all became clear.  Scott's in pain and I was going to do everything in my power to save him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's chapter ten.  I'd really appreciate if you told me what you thought in the comments.  I'm really uncertain whether this turned out ok or not.  I hope it did and also thanks to everyone that reads this story, it is almost to 1,000 reads and I am beyond ecstatic so thank you!  :)