Chapter Thirty One

"So you three are in charge of the support group?"

Clara was given instructions by Professor McGonagall to report to the classroom that had been the Transfiguration classroom back in her first year, but it had changed since then. She didn't expect the support group to start just before the school was getting ready for break, but she was pleasantly surprised to see the professors that would be running the support group. She wasn't so sure how Draco was going to feel about it though.

Professor Dover, Black, and Lupin sat around the classroom waiting for the first of the students to arrive.

"I can't tell if you're disappointed or not." Professor Black said.

She smiled. "No, I'm not disappointed at all, just surprised as all."

"Yes, we don't come across as good role models all the time." Professor Dover said. "I'm blame this one for that." she pointed to her husband.

Professor Black glanced over at her. "Excuse you, I am an amazing role model."

Professor Lupin snorted but quickly looked away as his friend glared at him. 

"I thought this was a support group?" Professor Black said.

"It is." Professor Dover answered. 

"Well, where's my support?!"

"Trust me, your ego supports you well enough, I've learned that over the years of knowing you." 

Clara chuckled at the three bickering amongst each other before she pulled up a seat in front of them. She turned around to check the door to make sure that Draco wasn't going to come in while she was talking to them.

"May I interrupt for a second?" she asked.

The three stopped and looked at her quietly.

"Go ahead." Professor Dover told her.

"I just wanted to say something before Draco arrived...you see...he's really nervous about this support group. Mainly because...well...he thinks you three hate him."

"Why would he think that?" Professor Dover asked.

"Well, he thinks just by being related to you two through blood and marriage that it's kinda automatic...especially considering what he's done and what his family has done." She looked to Professor Lupin. "And since he was one of the students that spread the fact that you were a werewolf throughout the school back at the end of third year...he still feels pretty bad about that."

The three were quiet for a moment before they exchanged glances with one another.

Before any of them could say anything, Draco arrived to the classroom.

Walking into a silent classroom to see Sirius, Nixie, and Remus staring at him was not Draco's idea of a support group. Instead, he instantly felt like he was entering the room for his last meal and then his execution.

The only reassuring factor in the room was that Clara was in the classroom as well, and had a warm smile on her face as he walked in.

It was horribly awkward sitting in silence and Clara seemed to pick up on that before looking to the professors and making a face at them.

Professor Dover cleared her throat before smiling in Draco's direction. "I'm glad you could join us today." She told him.

Draco looked at her. "Really?"

"Of course."

Draco looked to Sirius and Remus for reassurance but the men stayed quiet until Nixie pinched both of them.

Remus jumped while Sirius yelped both of them rubbing their backsides and looking at Nixie, but she was giving them a look that said that if they didn't start talk, the pinching would commence and get worse.

Remus continued to rub the spot before looking at Draco.

"Yes, we are very glad you came, Mr. Malfoy."he said. "And..and.."

Nixie covered her face with her hand as Remus fumbled with his words and Sirius had yet to speak. The woman sighed before standing up, both men flinched before she walked over to Draco.

"You don't have to worry about any judgement in this classroom, okay?" she told him. "This group is not about judging mistakes that we have made in the past. Especially since no one in this classroom can say they haven't made mistakes in the past. So let's all agree that once we enter this classroom that all that stuff is left outside of here...no one passes judgement past that threshold, and if you do, I'll drag you to the bottom of the Black Lake and don't think I won't, because I've already done it once. And it's always easier to do it a second time."

Draco swallowed before she smiled at him and returned to her seat.

"I'm so glad we're all on the same page now." Nixie said.