Chapter Twenty Five

During the middle of the night, Clara awoke in the most uncomfortable sleeping position with her back aching. She turned on her side only to see that Abby had fallen asleep in her bed as well and was sprawled out looking entirely too comfy. Clara rubbed her back as she sat up, before waking Abby up enough to guide the girl back to her bed so they could both be comfortable. While she was up, she decided to use the bathroom. 

When she finished, she moved to the sink with a groggy expression to wash her hands, she was mid soaping up her hands when she heard a chilling scream erupt from one of the back toilets. She jumped nearly crashing into the sink when she saw Moaning Myrtle appear from one of the stalls at the end of the way.

"What are you doing in here?" Clara asked the ghost of the girl that had been killed during her time at Hogwarts. 

Moaning Myrtle was known from traveling from bathroom to bathroom especially when feeling mischievous or pervy, mostly pervy, but she never really entered the dorm bathrooms.

"First floor girl's lavatory!" Myrtle told her.

Clara opened her mouth to respond with a question but Moaning Myrtle suddenly swooped into her face. "Now." the ghost said in her squeaky nasally voice.

Clara swallowed before nodding her head.

Sneaking out of the dorms after curfew was bound to get her a detention if she was caught by any of the professors. But she had to assume Moaning Myrtle had some sort of reasoning to tell her to come so urgently to the girl's lavatory on the first floor. 

Clara shoved her feet into her shoes, before carefully slipping through the Hufflepuff Common Room out into the kitchens. She passed through the Great Hall, carefully checking out each corner to make sure she wouldn't run head on into a professor. With only her wand offering some light, she squinted in the darkness of the corridors as she made her way to the destination.

She had made it to the lavatory without being detected by any faculty member, which made her consider herself quite lucky.

"Hello?" she whispered in the silence of the bathroom.

"Over here, girl!" Moaning Myrtle's voice called out from an area in the back. Clara made her way over, avoiding the large puddles of toilet water that were all over the place from Myrtles excursions into the plumbing.

"Hel-" Clara's entire vocal system went out the nearest windows as she came upon a horrific sight on the bathroom floor. "Oh Merlin!" 

Centered against the wall, sat Draco, his expression blank, his eyes open but nothing about him was moving.

"Draco?!"

She ran over and dropped down to his side quickly, her pajama pants were soaked in water and the blood that pooled together with the water on the floor. But her pants were the least of Clara's concerns as she reached Draco's side. 

She called him name repeatedly, but he didn't look at her as he continued to stare ahead.

"Draco!" she grabbed the sides of his face. "What did you do? What did you do to yourself?!"

When Draco didn't respond, she tried to find to source of the blood which didn't take long as she saw his forearm scratched to hell where his Dark Mark had been.

"Draco.." she cried as she winced at the sight of ripped flesh. "What did you do? Why..." She quickly removed her button up pajama shirt to help mop up the blood from the wound that continued to leak to the bathroom floor.

She racked her brain trying to remember the healing spells she had learned over time, but her brain was drawing a blank during the panicking moments.

She looked to Myrtle who watched on.

"Why did you get me?! Why didn't you get Madam Pomfrey?"

Moaning Myrtle gave her a look equivalent to an irritated eye roll.

"Because he requested you."

"Go get Madam Pomfrey or a professor! Someone!" she told the ghost.

Moaning Myrtle didn't look like she could be bothered until she looked at Draco once more before leaving.

Clara turned her attention back to Draco before she grabbed her wand and tried to think.

"Come on Clara, come on." she encouraged herself to think harder.

"Clara.." she heard Draco's voice call out lightly. She looked up at him, meeting his gaze.

"Yes? What is it?! What?"

"I don't ...I don't.." He swallowed, his eyes beginning to close but Clara grabbed his face to keep his attention focused on her.

"You don't what? Tell me, I'm listening."

Draco just stared at her.

" Talk to me, Draco, please, I'm so sorry." she told him as tears fell down her face, fearing that if she didn't remember the spell soon or if Myrtle didn't arrive in time that Draco was going to meet a gloomy end. "Please tell me..."

"I..I don't think you're a burden." he told her.

Clara choked back a sob as she shook her head.

"I don't think anything bad about you." he continued. "I..I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry, Draco. I'm sorry, I took everything out of context, it's my fault..."

Suddenly, in the midst of tears and sheer panic, Clara remembered the spell.

"Vulerna Sanentur!" Her wand touched over his forearm.

Her eyes watched as the wound began to cease the bloodflow.

"Vulerna Sanentur." she managed to get out the second time as she tried to keep herself composed. The blood cleared away and she watched as the tissues in his arm began to heal.

"Just on more time." she sniffed. "Vulerna Sanentur."

Like a knitted quilt, Clara watched as Draco's skin began to weave over the wound, healing back it's original state. The Dark Mark still appearing.

She collapsed beside Draco before she pulled him into her, his body was cold and his clothes were went from sitting on the bathroom floor.

She wouldn't let him go until help arrived. She ran her hands through his hair as Abby would do for her, all the while whispering to him that he would be okay and that everything would be okay.