Chapter 2

RECAP:

"Hi, I'm Kyungsoo. Please take care of me," the new kid says walking up to them and bows deeply.

~

Junmyeon struggles not to giggle at the boy's childishness and adorableness. He immediately realized why Minseok must have grown to like the new boy only to lead him on and stab him in the back sometime in the future.

"Of course," Jongin says with a smile as he steps forward with a bow. "I'm Jongin."

"Junmyeon," Junmyeon says, bowing.

Kyungsoo smiles, looking between the two, immediately realizing that despite the hair, Junmyeon is Jongin's much reserved guardian angel. "Can you show me around? The group of people I first met didn't seem very friendly."

"They're called the Troublemakers," Jongin says, returning the smile but Kyungsoo can tell that it's filled with hatred, bitterness and... Something he can't quite pinpoint, sorrow maybe? "The one who talked to you was Minseok."

I already know that.

"I suppose you're not friends?" Kyungsoo asks, trying to look as innocent as possible as he asks but he already knows Minseok from Hell even though he lives at a different house which he didn't understand since Minseok and Taemin were quite good friends.

He was good friends with Minseok actually, but Minseok told him that Jongin didn't like him so he needed to play the part to get close to Jongin. Kyungsoo had thanked his hyung and nodded to his followers who he realized were oblivious about who Minseok was.

Junmyeon's eyes widen and Kyungsoo notices that the guardian angel must be surprised that he could pick up Jongin's underlying tone in his voice. After all, he must not think highly of humans, Kyungsoo thought, but to me, and Minseok probably, it's obvious that he's a guardian angel because of his white hair.

"No, we're not friends," Junmyeon answers before Jongin has the chance to. "Jongin and I have to get to class now."

Kyungsoo notices Junmyeon's eyes narrowing at him, focusing on him, trying to see if he was hiding something and Kyungsoo knew that he was hiding something much bigger than what Junmyeon would be able to comprehend. No angels ever understood what went on in Hell and the reasons behind everything, not that Kyungsoo was going to educate this one.

Nevertheless, Kyungsoo knew that Junmyeon didn't trust him and thought there was something behind him. Kyungsoo knew that he'd have to tell Junmyeon eventually unless Junmyeon figured it out for himself... Which Kyungsoo partly hoped that the angel was smart enough to figure it out.

"I thought you were going to show me around," Kyungsoo says, his eyes focused on Jongin.

Jongin looks over at Junmyeon. "I told him we would, so we can take him to our classes, right?"

"I'm sure he has his own schedule," Junmyeon says.

"But we have the same schedule, maybe we have the same schedule as Kyungsoo too," Jongin says, hastily pulling out his schedule. "Show me yours, Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo pulls out his freshly folded schedule and hands it to Jongin who immediately starts comparing them.

"I pulled a few strings," Kyungsoo hears Junmyeon whisper under his breath which his demon senses pick up.

Of course you did. You had to because you're his guardian angel.

"We do have the same!" Jongin exclaims excitedly, refolding Kyungsoo's schedule and handing it back to him.

"Ah, really?" Kyungsoo asks, trying to sound surprised and embarrassed.

He knew one of the others had to have pulled some strings to get him the same schedule. He was prepared to woo Jongin and bring him to Hell however, he was not prepared to deal with Junmyeon, nor was he prepared when he actually started to fall for Jongin...