twelve

*a week later*

i went back to my house about a week ago, with my belongings. sam and i didn't get in a fight or anything, we just both were honestly getting sick of each other. we still texted a bit over the past week but i hadn't seen him in person.

something happened with the music video, i'm not entirely sure what. if i'm right, it had something to do with being allowed to film in that area. they would just move to a different location but it could take up to a month to work out the technical things with a new area, let alone the time to pick a new one. also sam had already rented out the beach house, so it was best to just wait it out.

so here i was, currently doing nothing in my house at 8pm. well, does watching grey's anatomy on netflix count as something?

i curled up under the blanket watching intently when my phone dinged. i paused my show and let out a breath i didn't realize i was holding and checked my phone. "so how bout them pics mama" sammy texted me with some emojis. i sighed and ignored the text.

the past couple of days sammy had been bothering me for nudes which i refused to give him. i understand the appeal of them, but the risk of where they could end up is just not worth it to me.

i played the show again and not even 30 seconds in my phone dinged again. i rolled my eyes thinking it was sammy double texting me like the thirsty fuckboy he is. i looked down at the screen and saw sara's name. 

sara, the girl i met at auditions, and i had been texting since we met and she seems really chill. we had wanted to hang out a few times but the plans always fell through somehow. 

i unlocked my phone and read her text completely. "heyy girlie". i grinned to myself and replied, "hey babe". her bubbles popped up immediately and i figured it was a waste to pause and unpause my show each time she replied. 

sara: "my friend told me about a party tonight and she invited me and said i could bring people. wanna come?!?!"

p: "mmm idk" 

sara: "come ONN live a little." 

p: "i'm not even that into partying, and i'll only know you"

sara: "exactly we can meet some new people and it's just fun"

p: "ugh okay."

sara: "yayyy! i'll pick you up in a few hours okay?"

p: "okayyy :)" 

i got up to pick out my outfit and start getting ready. i did my makeup more dramatic and straightened my hair, then pulled it up into a sleeked back ponytail. i decided on a simple black dress that showed off my curves. 

i checked the time and it was 10:30pm, geez i took forever to get ready. 

sara: "i'm already ready, can i just come over early and then we can leave later?"

p: "yeah!"

---

sara had come over and we had hung out a bit and talked. although we hadn't been friends for long, she felt really genuine and she was so easy to talk to and be comfortable around. 

it was now 11ish and we were a bit late but it didn't really matter. we stepped out of the car and took a look at the house. it was playing loud music and there were bright lights flashing inside. we had decided on the way there that i wouldn't drink so i could drive us home. "your friend is sure about this party?" i had to raise my voice a bit so she could hear me. "she gave me the address, she should be in there somewhere." i nodded and we began walking in.