“I also said he would out grow it.”

“Give him time. I have to go, someone just died.”

“Murder,” I asked with a tone of excitement. Hoping it was a human who was murdered, I needed more slaves.

McKayla shook her head, “Old age.” She disappeared.

I stopped at the children’s door, listening. I heard what I assumed was Alexis flipping magazine pages and Michael slowly strumming at his guitar. I slowly opened the door open and there was Michael sitting at his bench in the window with his guitar, mindlessly plucking at it and Alexis at the table flipping through some teen magazine while getting her hair done.

I slowly approached Michael at human speed, knowing if I went any faster he would probably jump through the window. I glanced over Alexis’ shoulder she was paging through clothing. There goes this week’s allowance.

Michael’s eyes were forming red specks in them. I wish he wasn’t so timid to tell me when he was hungry. One of these days he could seriously hurt someone, but it’s not worth the lecture, he’ll just become more afraid. I sat down behind him biting my own wrist and covering his mouth with it. I pulled him back into my chest to force him to feed. It took a few seconds like always, but he began to pull from me.

“Christina, I need you to call Serena over here for me, her numbers on the desk.” She nodded her head, she may be snobby, but at least she always obeys. I couldn’t feed both at this moment. I didn’t have it in me.

Serena and Jay have been helping out. Because of Sarah, Jay’s fledgling, Jay is usually my last resort. Sarah’s fangs have grown in enough to feed on humans on her own, but she is still feeding from Jay a couple times a day.

As soon as Sarah’s last baby here was done breast feeding, Jay sent in the request to turn her. I left the decision up to McKayla. She was and still is her best friend. It took her a week to decide. I was grateful for her decision, it saved me the time and aggravation on getting Sarah fixed. The way she popped out children was ridiculous. It wasn’t even three months after her first that she was pregnant with her second. We put her on birth control after the forth, but her year of birth control was running up. Which only meant Sarah would be pregnant again with in a month, she already had six kids.

We wanted to raise the human population, but we didn’t want another baby boom. Unfortunately, the average family now has six kids. After the sixth child, we have the females fixed. Those who had more were fixed immediately. Alexis and Michael’s generation will only be allowed two children per female. Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about that with them. I’m not sure I would have the patience for a human baby.

“Thank you Serena,” Serena showed up smiling, she knew why I needed her. She sat down in front of Alexis cutting the crook of her neck with her nail. Alexis was trying to latch on, before she was even done cutting.

“Alexis, you have to leave for school as soon as you’re done, could you try and stay clean,” I pleaded. She was greedy a feeder, always trying to take faster then she could swallow and of course, she decided to wear a white tank top tonight. I should really make her have an all black wardrobe. At least Michael, the clean feeder, does. She’s the typical teenager, always needs the top in fashion. Being my fledgling she does need to be on top, but why does she need to buy white. Why teenage fledglings decided color was fashionable is beyond me. Majority of fledglings are messy. Michael is a minority, neat as can be, never missing a drop. I guess it’s a good thing teenage fledglings are rare. There school only has roughly a hundred students and covers several kingdoms.

“Michael, I need you and your sister to stop by your grandparents’ after school and help them clean up their yard. There was storm this afternoon and I’m sure they’ve got branches all over.” I made the mistake of giving McKayla’s parents a house right outside the kingdom’s borders in the forest. Every time it storms they end up with a mess too big for them to clean up. I needed to release them, but I wanted to keep them close. They fell in love with the forest and I couldn’t say no.