dwelling | 34

chapter thirty four

the smell of the cupcake store found it's way to his nose. oikawa loves coming here.

the place is nice, and they make good cupcakes too. "one cream cheese and blueberry to go, and i'll take the salted caramel here please." he smiled.

oikawa took a seat near the window, slicing his cupcake open before biting into it.

he finished his tasty cupcake, he really does like it.

oikawa almost didn't realize someone was standing before him.

"mind if i join you?"

his left hand that was holding the silverware trembled for a second. he couldn't believe he finally hear his voice in real life instead in phone calls again.

"i-iwa-chan!" his eyes were filled with tears. iwaizumi grinned at him. "i'm home,"

his lips were shaken as he stood up and iwaizumi came to his arms, finally.

he leaned in to give a brief kiss on oikawa's right cheek. "i wanted to surprise you," iwaizumi said.

oikawa's cheek were flushed with hints of red and iwaizumi finds it really cute.

"i really miss you," oikawa admitted, finally parting away from iwaizumi but still having their fingers intertwined with eachother.

"i miss you too," he played with oikawa's fingers.

"what do you want to do?"

iwaizumi's lips formed to a smile, "anything you'd like. we can go horseriding, or go home and make yourself a hot coco like you always like it,"

oikawa smiled to the ground, trying to hide the look of excitement in his face. "i love you." he blurted.

iwaizumi chuckles, grabbing the plastic of a box of cupcakes in his hand and the other one slightly pulling oikawa out of the store. "of course you do,"

oikawa gave him a playfull glare when they walked outside the store which only bring iwaizumi to laughter again. "i love you too, oikawa."

they walked home, hand in hand.

iwaizumi had been dwelling for a long time, true, but he finally found his source of happiness.

oikawa tooru.

the end