dwelling | 28

chapter twenty eight

to be clear, oikawa already sensed something was wrong with his friend since day one.

he is very observant, especially to the person whom he love and care so much.

"oikawa.."

"yes?"

iwaizumi opened his mouth, finally braving himself completely to start explaining. "i'm having a wedding soon, i have a fiancée.."

his eyes were shot wide open, and his heart shook a little. "you do?"

hajime nodded his head, placing his gaze still on the road, he really should stop diving late at night.

"yeah, her name is katrina. she's really nice." he described her. "smart, pretty, and loyal."

oikawa bit his bottom lip. "or at least i thought so." iwaizumi continued.

"she cheated on me while i was away, working."

oikawa's eyebrows were furrowed. "your fiancée? then what happened to the marriage?" he asked.

"that's the thing, i'm driving back to the city right now."

oikawa didn't mutter a single word until seconds later. "you're continuing the marriage then?" he kept his voice still, noting to himself, he couldn't let iwaizumi heard him breaking down.

iwaizumi shook his head. "no, it'll be over by tomorrow." he could hear a sigh of relief from the other line, making him chuckle.

"okay, be careful." oikawa laughed nervously.

"mhm, i'll tell you how it'd go tomorrow." iwaizumi smiled before ending the call. right after he said, "goodnight, shitty oikawa."