I open the door, walk in, and leave my new neighbor in the hallway.

Whether Haymitch wants to or not, I'm determined to see Katniss privately. After laying down, with no sleep, for a few hours, I slip quietly into the hall. I try to turn the knob to her door, but it's been locked from the outside. I curse Haymitch's name.

I go back to my room and wait until morning, feeling withdrawn. Relief floods through every inch of me when Effie comes to tell me tjat it's the start of another "Big, big, big day!"

I'm served food as soon as my stylist arrives, but I don't eat on account of worry and excitement. Portia pushes my bowl of hot grain away from me. "How about we just start on your preping?"

I nod softly as she unzips the bag containing my outfit for this evening. Crisp red pants accompanied by a red shirt and white overcoat cover up my bare body. She touches up my make-up and looks me straight in the eyes. "The interview has already started. Go to the sitting room. Say hi to Katniss for me, will ya?"

"Certainly." I smile.

She pats my shoulder and gives me another heart warming smile. "Good luck, Baker Boy." She reaches in her pocket and takes out my mockingjay pin. She hands it to me. "And don't forget this again. I'm getting tired of finding it." She winks before exiting the room.

I pin the mockingjay on my lapel. Looking in the mirror, satisfied, I make my way to the sitting room.

The first thing I see is Katniss in a beautiful white dress. It's a little poofy, but otherwise, I could picture her in something like that on our wedding day. That thiught puts butterflies in my stomach. "I hardly get to see you. Haymitch seems to be keeping us appart." I observe.

She smiles weekly. "Yes, he's gotten very responsible lately."

"Well, there's just this and we go home. Then he can't watch us all the time." I smile and wiggle my eyebrows.

She blushes as I sit down next to her. I pull her close to me and she lays her feet on the couch. Cuddled into my side, she's practically laying down.

Someone counts backwards, and then we're broadcasted to the whole of Panem. Caesar is the same as always, teasing, joking, being his bubbly self. I catch on quickly and throw out some of my own jokes when needed. Katniss smiles and nods, but mainly tries to avoid talking. Until it deepens into something she can't ignore, something I want to hear, myself.

"Well, Peeta, we know from your days in the Capitol, that it was love at first sight for you from what, five?" Caesar smiles.

"Yes. From the moment I first laid eyes on her." I reply and hold my Katniss a little closer.

"And Katniss, when did you realize that you were in love with him?"

"That's a hard one," she starts. "It was so long ago." She thinks for a moment before answering, "When we were eleven, he saved my life, and something just clicked. I've seen him around school a lot, and I have to admit, I've kept tabs on the baker's son. There's just something about him that I've always loved, I think. I just wouldn't admit it until things got a little more personal between us."

Caesar has to take out his handkerchief and take a moment becuase he's so moved. I incline my and Katniss's foreheads. "So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?"

"Put you somewhere wher you can't get hurt." We smile and I kiss her. Everyone in the room sighs.

Caesar decides to change the topic to the mutts. Lovely. He starts on the burns and tracker jacker stings, but the attention is given when Caesar asks how my new leg is working out.