[49]: Can You Feel The Love?

Começar do início

"What else hurts, Grace?" I asked.

"My head."

"What else?"

She didn't answer.

"We have to take her to the hospital, she might have a concussion or something," I said.

I held a painkiller by her mouth. "Drink this Grace."

Grace obliged and I let her drink water.

"I'm going with you," Ethan said and I nodded. "Let me just change my shirt and get ready. I probably stink."

***

We arrived at Red Crest Hospital where Seth was admitted a few weeks ago. Once Grace was taken inside the Emergency room, all Ethan and I could do was sit down by the waiting area and worry the hell out of us.

"What if her mom finds out?" Ethan asked.

"This might be her last party," I replied.

"Then we suffer when she's going to be complaining all time about how her mom's going to put a leash on her every night so she won't leave the house," Ethan joked but his voice was sad.

"There were hundreds of steps on the stairs," I said, repeating Grace's words from awhile ago. "Last time I checked there were only 17 steps on the stairs in Robert's house."

Ethan sighed. "We shouldn't have gone to this party."

"No Ethan, this was meant to happen. Consider this as a lesson," I said and placed my hand on his arm to comfort him. "Besides, you're sixteen. You have all the right to have fun. But don't forget to learn at the same time."

A small smile appeared on his face. "You always know to say, Thea. And if it wasn't for your help tonight, everything could've been way more difficult. I'm sorry if I disturbed you while you were dreaming of Seth."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh please."

"Have you checked up on him? He might end up like Grace."

I shook my head and reached out for my phone. "Or much worse."

"Go ahead."

I dialed Seth's phone number and after 5 rings, it was answered. "Hello?"

The voice wasn't Seth's. The person had a groggy-sounding voice, like he just woke up.

"Who is this? Why do you have Seth's phone?" I asked.

"God, Thea," the person said and then yawned. "It's Ivan. Why are you calling at..." there was a short pause before he continued, "3 am?"

"I just wanted to check up on Seth."

"He's dead drunk," he replied. "And at 3 am?"

"I'm in the hospital, Grace got in an accident while she was drunk," I explained.

"I hope she'll be fine. And don't worry, I kept an eye on Seth tonight and he didn't do any trouble. Do you wanna speak to your prince charming?"

"I though he was dead drunk?"

Ivan didn't answer, instead, I heard him move and then I was greeted by a loud snore.

I giggled as the snoring continued. "Oh my God, Seth."

"Did you get that?" Ivan asked, the phone on him again.

"No, I don't speak that language. Can you interpret that for me, Ivan?"

"That was 'thank you Thea for letting me have fun tonight in this epic party' in snore," he replied.

"Thea Hartens?" I heard someone call and I raised my hand. A nurse walked to our direction.