[15]: Gotta Find It Out

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

-Imagine Dragons | Demons

[15]: Gotta Find It Out

Thea's P.O.V.

BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT. BREATHE in, breathe out.

I was up here in the rooftop, freeing myself from the tiredness, shyness, nervousness and all those feelings I don't like in the cool whipping air.

Taking a sip from my cranberry juice that Jesse bought for me, I gazed up in the clear night sky.

Wow, I thought to myself. I wish my life was this peaceful. No complications, no negativeness and no Seth.

No Seth. Did I really mean that?

"Thea," I heard a familiar voice behind me say, interrupting my train of thoughts.

Ugh, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

All those nervousness and shyness came back.

NO! Keep cool, calm and collective or else he'll notice something's wrong!

"Seth," I replied, turning around to face him. "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

I inhaled some air the breathed it out. "Well, you know, enjoying being up."

"I feel for you, Thea." He sarcastically said. "Why don't you take those height increasing vitamins?"

"Are you trying to imply that I'm short?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Aren't you?" He mocked.

"I am not! You're just really tall." I replied.a

"Oh, am I?"

"Yes, you are." I called out childishly and turn my back at him.

YES! See Thea? You can keep cool, calm and collective!

I smiled in satisfaction.

"Hey, you know, a while ago, you seemed to be... umm... unhappy." He said.

Oh, he already noticed.

"No, I wasn't." That came out fast before I could think of it.

He narrowed my eyes at me in a creepy manner.

"Oh yeah? What's with the letting me drive?" He asked.

Oh, speaking of him driving...

"Why did you drive slow?" I perked up.

He looked uneasy. "Don't change the subject, sweet cheeks."

I frowned.

"Don't 'sweet cheeks' me, nuthead." I said.

"Of course, princess." He said, rolling his eyes. "Now, answer my question." He demanded.

"Why do you care?" I asked, those negative feelings coming back to me again and growing strong inside me.

He sharply sighed in exasperation. "Forget it."

He went back down inside and left me there, standing alone, frozen in place.

***

"Punch Thea, punch!" Tristan coaxed me as I punched the punching bag as hard as I can.

Pour all your negative feelings in every punch. I remembered Seth's instructions