[24]: Spoonfeed Me, My Sexy Nanny

BY LUNCH, THEY SERVED VEGETABLE salad.

And all I did was stare at it.

On the other hand, Seth, who was sitting across me, was chomping down his food.

Looking at him eat, I mentally made a disgusted face.

I never really liked salad. It's tasteless and disgusting like a leaf. Don't ask me how I knew that.

He didn't realize I was looking at him until I asked, "How can you eat that?"

He stopped chomping his food and asked, "What?"

"That," I motioned towards his salad bowl.

"Easy, you pierce it with a fork, bring it to your mouth and chew it then swallow." He said like he was talking to a four-year-old. "Why, do you want someone to do it for you?"

"Eat this for me? Yes." I answered right away.

"No." He said. "Eat that."

"But it's disgusting!" I whined.

"You're acting like a kid." He stated.

I blushed. "I know right, Captain Obvious."

He rolled his eyes. "You know what, sometimes I don't get you. You're smart but you don't eat vegetables."

"Hey! I eat vegetables!" I defended.

It's true. I eat broccoli, potatoes, peas and celery.

Only.

"I think you're the only one who isn't eating your salad here." He said.

"Whatever happens, I am not eating that." I vowed.

"It tastes good!" Seth said, convincing me to eat the salad. To prove it, he poked a cabbage leaf with his fork, brought it up to his mouth and chewed it as slowly as ever, with matching sound effects.

"Mmmmm," he said while chewing.

My face slowly scrunched up in disgust.

"You know, you have a problem when it comes to food." He concluded.

"I do." I admitted.

"I have an idea." Seth said.

And the look on his face told me that whatever this idea was, it wouldn't sound good.

SETH'S P.O.V.

"What do you want to eat now?" I asked.

"Anything but vegetables." She replied.

"What do you want in particular?"

She thought about it for a moment. "I want a big bowl of French fries."

"I thought you want anything but vegetables?" I asked.

"Oh," she said, realization dawning on her. "I like anything but vegetables except potatoes."

"Okay, so you want a big bowl of French fries right now?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "Oh my god..."

I was about to scrape my chair backward when Thea dared to grip my wrist and eyed me with suspicion.

"What exactly are you going to do?" She asked.

Oh Thea, you have no idea how much sacrifice I'm going to make.

Instead of answering, I got out of my chair, went to the counter and ordered the biggest size of their fries.

"Just deliver to room 157 at 1:30 pm." I said while paying the bill.

Going back at our table, I saw Thea looking down on her phone with a sad expression on her face.

"Hey, something wrong?" I asked as I reached her.

She looked up to me and put away her phone. "Nope. So, what did you do there?"

"Do where?"

"There." She said, thrusting her chin towards the counter.

"Nothing." I replied.

"I don't think so."

"Fine." I said. "I ordered an extra large bowl of fries.

Her face lit up. "For me?"

I faked a smile. "No."

Her face crumbled and I quickly spoke before she'll burst into tears.

"If you'll eat your food, I'm giving that big bowl of fries to you." I said.

"I told you, I'm not eating this!" She said, looking miserably down at her food.

"Waiter!" I called. After some seconds, one appeared beside our table.

"What can I get you, sir?" He asked.

"A can of coke." I said. The waiter nodded and made his way to the kitchen.

I got her bowl and fork. l poked around the salad and found a stick of carrot. I pierced it with a fork.

"Open your mouth," I said, holding the fork near her mouth.

Of course, she didn't oblige.

If this was happening in school, there would be no way I'll be doing this.

I put the fork down and right on cue, the waiter reappeared with the coke. I gave him the payment and turned back to Thea.

"Hey Princess, here's how we're going to do this: you eat your food, then follow me with coke." I said, opening the can.

"No." She said.

"Fine." I said, pretending to give up. "I'm not sharing my fries with you whatever happens."

She made a frustrated whimpering noise.

Man, I am so enjoying this.

"Come on," I said.

She that cute puppy dog eyes and that cute lip-pout.

Oh, those lips...

"That's not gonna work." I pointed out, avoiding eye-contact with her.

She blinked and widened her eyes more.

I snapped out of it. "No."

A simple 'no' made her gave up.

"Okay," she finally said. "But if I die, I'm going to haunt your sorry ass in your sleep."

"Say no more, Thea." I smirked. "Now open your mouth."

I got the fork with the carrot still in it and shoved it quickly in her mouth.

She chewed it with closed eyes and made a face. I offered her the can of coke when she held out her hand for something to drink.

She gulped it down quickly and shuddered.

"It tastes like rubber!" She exclaimed. "I hate you!"

I looked at her, my jaw almost dropping to the ground.

I can't believe it. A single piece of carrot tastes that disgusting?

"You are pathetic." I stated without even realizing it.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arm across her chest and slouched.

"Okay, okay. No more carrots. I'm sure cabbages and lettuce won't taste like rubber." I said, piercing a lettuce leaf from her salad bowl. "Say ahhh,"

She opened her mouth and I shoved the lettuce in.

Same procedure: chew, taste, swallow, drink coke.

We did this about 11 times and finally she said something.

"You act like my nanny."

"Your sexy nanny." I corrected with a wink, which of course, earned an eye roll from her.

THEA'S P.O.V.

I thought I was going to die. I thought I was going to die because of many things.

1). Humiliation and embarrassment.

Man, I got spoon-fed (or was it called fork-fed?) in public WITH someone that cannot just be called 'hot'.

2). I was force fed with vegetables.

One word: EW!

It was cruel, yes but the last part wasn't. I miraculously finished the cabbages and lettuce and Seth finally gave me that big bowl of fries.

After that, the next session started and Annette said something about "skills in leading".

And blah blah blah, on and on she went.

Right now, I was sitting on my bed, staring outside the window, watching the stars twinkle in the night sky.

What I was doing would've been perfect if it wasn't for the text messages Robert was sending me, annoying the hell out of me.

ROBERT TANNER

hey Thea!

hi Thei :))

Thea, u there?

helloooo? Thea?

theaaaaaaaaaaa

helloooooooooooo

okay if you won't reply,
then I could understand.

Staring at the screen on my phone, I thought about something.

What if I actually reply to his texts?

My brain said NO. My heart said YES.

Thea! My conscience said. Listen and choose on the right time, on the right moment.

"Thei, can you hand me my towel ?" Seth asked, poking his head out the bathroom door.

"Which towel?" I asked.

"The white one?" He replied, making it sound like a question-- making it sound like he's trying to imply that I was dumb.

Excuse me, egghead, but it isn't my fault I didn't know which color of towel you have. My fuming brain retorted.

It's like we're close and I know everything about him!

Just find the towel, Thea. My brain said.

Mentally grumbling, I kicked the sheets off me and got off the bed. I went to the walk-in closet and found a white towel, hanging on a hanger.

Bingo.

"Thea!" I heard him call.

Oh, the hate I feel on this guy is unbearable. Who does he think am I? HIS PERSONAL MAID?!

I got towel and uncontrollably, something made me throw his precious white towel at his face.

That left his still poked-out head covered with the towel, frozen.

Bingo. Again. I cheered mentally.

And then my old self came back.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, THEA HARTENS? OH NO, YOU ARE SO DEAD.

What I did next was making a beeline for the bed and hiding under the covers.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID!

Thea, I think it's time for you to learn how to face Seth after situations like this. My brain said.

Excuse me, but, Seth Deavon is the most dangerous and notorious guy in school. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? My heart said.

I am the mind. I can't be out of myself.

You're acting like you are. You always do.

Shut up. You can't blame me.

I can. Now, think.

I'm not your slave.

JUST THINK!

Okay, I think Thea should just be brave. My brain finally said.

Didn't you listen to me? My heart said, exasperated.

This internal war was pissing me off.

Ever heard of taking chances? My brain said.

Fine. But just this once.

YESSS! Heard that, Thea?

Okay, fine. I told myself. Be brave. Take chances.

So that means you have to reply to Bobby's text. My heart suddenly said.

Touché. My brain simply replied.

Look what you've done! I scolded my brain.

Oooppps, sorry.

Go, go, go! My heart urged.

Okay, fine. I said mentally while exhaling.

I took my phone and with shaky hands and opened the messages Bobby sent me.

And then, I typed that single word.

Hi.

After I sent it, I was trying to control my breathing.

Breath in, breathe out. Inhale, exhale.

I was about to relax when my phone vibrated and the screen of my phone lighted up.

The breath in-breath out thing was worthless. Everything went back to the way it was before-- heart beating fast, the suffocating feeling, the sticky and sweaty feeling and the shaky hands.

But nonetheless, I mustered up all the courage I have and unlocked my phone.

Robert Tanner:
hey :)

I had a mini-heart attack.

He replied. He wasn't mad at me.

That's when my phone vibrated and a ringtone for a call followed.

He was calling.

The phone kept on ringing and I just kept on staring at it.

"Aren't you going to answer the damn phone?" I heard the devil say and I almost jumped out of my skin. (And when I say 'devil', you know who I mean.)

Out of my mind, I pressed answer and brought the phone to my ear.

"Thea?" The person on the other line said.

I couldn't speak. What am I doing? I should be mad at him for hurting my feelings!

"H-Hi." My stupid mouth said.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Er... yes?"

"Where are you now?"

"Here in my room at the LTS."

Little by little, I relaxed. Thank the Lord he wasn't mad at me for not talking to him in the past few days!

"Do you have a roommate?"

"Unfortunately, yes. And I think he's gonna kill me after he gets dressed." I said.

"Let me guess, Seth?"

"Unfortunately." I repeated.

Hey Thea, just a short reminder: even though you're hiding under the blanket, I'm sure Seth could still hear you crystal clear. And he's right by the closet, mind you.

"Hey, look, about what happened last Sunday..." he said, sounding awkward.

Well, here comes the expected.

"I'm really sorry, Thea. I just got carried away by my feelings." He said. "I wasn't thinking when I did it with Jasmine. I know I hurt you--"

I cut the call off.

How rude of me, I know.

The phone vibrated in my hands.

Robert Tanner:
I'm so sorry.

You already said that a lot if times. I replied.

Robert Tanner:
I know sorry won't cut it.

Before I could reply, my phone vibrated again.

Robert Tanner:
But will I ever be forgiven?

Stupid question, I thought.

Of course. We're bestfriends, right? I typed in.

Robert Tanner:
I'm so lucky I got u as bff.

Me:
Thanks a lot...

Me:
Bobby <3

Robert Tanner:
Ugh, the dreaded nickname's back.

Me:
Ahahahahahaha :)

It took a long time for his message to to come and after a minute or two, my phone vibrated.

Robert Tanner:
Grace said you loved me. Loved me more than a brother. Is that true?

I couldn't move my fingers to type a reply.

Should I tell him that I did love him or should I just leave him hanging?

And just then, something, a hand, I think, grabbed my left leg.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" I shrieked.

Another hand clamped over my mouth to stop me from making so much noise.

Oh this is it. I'm going to die.

I tried to kick the hand on my left leg with my right leg but it didn't budge.

What was worse is I couldn't see my attacker because I was totally under the blankets.

And then a body was pressed against mine that forced me to lay back down.

That's when the smell hit me.

A familiar scent of minty aftershave reached my nose.

"You jerk!" I shrieked. "Get off me!"

He let out a half-hearted chuckle which made me smile a little bit.

He rolled over me and I pulled the blanket off myself. I turned towards Seth and glared at him.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey yourself," I said, reaching for my phone.

Seth turned off the lights as I typed in a reply for Robert's recent message.

Yes, it was true.

"Who you texting?" I heard Seth ask.

"Robert." I deadpanned.

While waiting for Bobby's reply, I felt an arm snake over my waist.

I froze. "Awwww, still used to me?" He teased.

"Shut up." I said trying to push away the dreaded arm.

"Ahaha, weak." He said as my phone vibrated.

Robert Tanner:
Well, do you still love me?

Before I could reply, I felt Seth shift his position. He was now lying on his side, facing me.

And without warning, he ripped my phone away from his hands.

"He-- !"

"Stop texting." he said as he threw it behind him.

"Wha-- why?" I asked him.

He didn't answer. Instead, he just tightened his arm around me and his breathing became soft and steady.

Nawww, isn't he cute?

I laid on my side too, facing him and wrapped an arm around him and reached for my phone. I felt something solid hard and cold, raised it up and sighed in relief. Oh, my dear, dear phone.

I unlocked it and I saw the text he sent me that I haven't replied yet.

Choose on the right time, the right moment.

Realization dawned over me. This is it.

And I knew the answer to his question.

I do love you, Bobby. But only now as a brother.

I pressed send, locked the phone and let go of it, letting it drop behind Seth.

I was letting go of Robert Tanner because I knew everything was clear to me now.

And that I was already falling for someone else.

Two words: Seth. Deavon.

****************************
A/N: FINALLEH!

After TWO freakin' weeks of agonizing no-update-because-of-writer's-block syndrome, I HAVE FINALLY UPLOADED MY BELOVED CHAPTER 24.

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEA-----

*abruptly stops dancing in joy*

I'm weird, I know.

SOOOOO, stay tuned for CHAPTER 25 because....

because... um...

BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WANT IT :))

lol. joke. that was just actually random.

So, don't forget to let me know what you think. PLEASE COMMENT SOMETHING GOOD!

And don't forget to share the love! VOTE, PROMOTE & FOLLOW <3

Do something productive (like sleeping, I suggest) and don't waste your day!

HUGS AND KISSES!