Chapter 19

Lily's POV

I was guided into the living room by this insanely tall guy Jimmy.

I had no idea who any of these people were personally but I'd seen them around in school.

Jade had asked me earlier if I'd give her a ride. She also wanted me to stay in case anything happened and she needed a lift back. But I kind of knew her relationship with these guys considering how she always talked about them, and to me they sounded like they treated her like a good friend.

What did she have to worry about?

Over the past couple of hours or so more and more people started showing up. It got overwhelming to no degree, that's for sure. Someone must have dialed up a shit ton of people.

I sat with Jade by the fireplace. I could tell she felt insanely awkward and she was thinking too hard. The look on her face staring into the fireplace said it all.

"Come on." I stood standing up with my hand out.

"To where?"

"Let's venture around."

Jade and I walked around the house through the swamp of people drinking and laughing. We heard music playing so I decided to check it out.

In the garage, the guys were playing in there for a group of people standing outside.

Jade raised her eyebrows and smiled slightly. I could tell she was drawn into their kind of music somehow. She never liked punk or rock or metal or any of that stuff.

"Jimmy plays the drums." she said to me.

The only people who had spoken to me since I got here was Jade and Jimmy.

He can play really well. I wonder what else he can do?

Lily, stop it you just met this guy. Anyways.

Once their song ended, Matt paced back and forth with the mic for a bit as the others tuned up again. Kind of like a short intermission.

"Hey ladies."

I turned around and faced two men. One of which I didn't know and someone Jade apparently knew. And it wasn't anything good.

"What are you freaking out about?" the tallest asked while the other grinned and laughed.

Jade was about to fall over any second. Her breathing was ridiculously intense and she couldn't talk.

"Jade, I'm sor-"

Right when the shorter guy reached his hand out to touch her, she slapped his hand off and backed into a tree, a look of horror washed upon her face.

What the fuck?

"Jade, what is it?" I asked completely confused.

I was definitely missing something.

"M-M-"

"Mmm what Jade?" I asked.

She was panicking even more.

"Matt?" I raised an eyebrow as she nodded quickly.

"Matt!" I yelled over the crowd of people. He couldn't hear.

What was going on?