Chapter 4

"Hold on tight, sweetie," Hera told Cronia as she wrapped her arms around her little child.

"Mama, I'm scared," Cronia admitted as she hugged her mama tighter.

"Don't worry. I won't let go, sweetie." Hera caressed her to ease her fright.

"Here we go. Space Cube 0217 descending to Planet 60E.42S," Zeus exclaimed. "Hold on tight everyone."

Cronia felt that the ship, which was her home for all her life, increased it speed as it enters the atmosphere of the planet. Faster and faster, the ship descended into the planet.

"Mama, I'm scared," Cronia squealed.

"Don't be. It's going to be fine. We're finally going to land, dear. We're going to a nice place, sweetie. Aren't you tired of this small space cube?" Hera told her.

Cronia shook her head. She was tired of her small nook, but she was scared of where they are heading. It was a new place where they have never been. It does look like the blue planet in the book she found but at the same time, it looks different.

"Are your seat belts fastened tightly? The ship might shake a little harsh," Zeus announced.

Cronia held even tightly to her mama, and she shut her eyes as well. She was scared especially when she felt that the ship increased in speed much more, and suddenly jolted to an abrupt stop. Cronia felt unusual when her mama's grip loosened. 

"Mama," she called, still with her eyes closed.

"Mama, papa?" She called once more, but no one is answering.

"Mama! Papa!" She called out louder, but still silence was the only answer that she can get.

Slowly, she opened her eyes, and she was devastated with what she saw. 

When she opened her eyes, a crash site was all she can see

When she opened her eyes, a crash site was all she can see. A big vast desert was in front of her filled with scattered space ship parts. She looked around, but her papa wasn't in sight. What was there was her mama, her mama who looked lifeless, covered with her own blood.

 What was there was her mama, her mama who looked lifeless, covered with her own blood

"Mama, wake up," she cried as she shook Hera.

"Mama, please wake up," she cried out louder, but to her dismay, her mama didn't respond to any of her calls.

She thoroughly looked at her mom, and she sadly sighed when she realized that she will never wake up again. She was peacefully sleeping. She was dead.

"You didn't keep your promise mama," she cried as she hugged her mama for the last time.

"I love you mama," Cronia said as she kissed Hera's cheek for the first and last time.