Chapter 2

The third planet from the sun in the solar system is the planet Earth

The third planet from the sun in the solar system is the planet Earth. It is also known as the Blue Planet because of its sparkling blue appearance as seen from space. It is the biggest terrestrial planet in the solar system as compared to the other three. It is a living planet that can sustain any forms of life ever known. 

This is the planet were I live in, and I am happy that I am. I am a traveler, an explorer. I have journeyed to almost every continent of Earth. This planet has seven wonderful continents. Should I tell you about the places where I have been? Will you be interested in learning about those? Of course you will! No resident of the Earth will say that our planet is boring and ugly. 

Where should I start? What would you want to know first? I have been to Asia, Antarctica, North America, South America, Oceania, Africa, and Europe

Where should I start? What would you want to know first? I have been to Asia, Antarctica, North America, South America, Oceania, Africa, and Europe. About what journey should I tell first?

Asia is known as the largest continent of the Earth, and the most populous as well

Asia is known as the largest continent of the Earth, and the most populous as well. If you look upon the Earth from the space, Asia can be seen in the Eastern and Northern hemispheres. In addiction, research says that Asia covers about thirty percent of the Earth's total land area.

Antarctica, on the other hand, is probably the least populous continent that can be found on Earth. Even though human beings don't really use this continent as a residential area, diverse life forms can still be seen in this area. If you look upon the Earth from the space, it can be seen in the South Pole. 

North and South America are collectively called the Americas or America. These two continents are quite linear to one another. If I am not mistaken, North America is classified as the third largest continent of the Earth in terms of land mass, and is the fourth largest by population while South America is the fourth largest in terms of land mass, and is the fifth largest by population.

Oceania or Oceanica is a continent found in the ocean. It is also called as Australia, though that name is used as a country name in the same continent. Was the name Oceania or Oceanica predictable? Seriously, Oceania is really found in the middle of a vast body of water. It is composed of the country of Australia and some other little island country around it. Therefore, it is considered as the smallest continent based on land mass.

Africa is the second largest continent based on the land area, and is known to have the youngest population in the world, that is, having many citizens that are below age nineteen. It is somewhat connected to Asia and Europe in some ways.

Europe is a continent just above of  Africa, and some parts of Asia. It is a continent with various regions, and it has diverse culture as well. It is composed of  two diverse parts: a vast flat land in the north, and mountain ranges in the south.

I'm such a worthless adventurer and explorer if all I can say are these small facts, and I am not like that. I will tell a tale regarding these continents, as soon as I have aroused the interest in you.

Cronia stopped reading, and closed  the book quickly when she heard her mama's voice, "Time for bed, sweetie." She immediately hid the book under her pillow, and changed the lighting system of her room from normal to night mode. She doesn't want her mama to barge in, for it may cause her trouble. She "borrowed" their book, after all.