Chapter 1- The New.... Everything

"Lillian! Come down here now!" I here my mom screaming in sadness. She's never done that before. I wonder what's wrong. That's when I rush downstairs in our new house in our new city in our new state in our new world. When I get down there, I see my father lying on the floor. Dead. The one thing I'd never think could have happened, did. My father is dead.
    "The plague spread to him." My mom sobs, "Now it's just you and me, all alone." I want to cry but I can't. I'm empty without his love. Of course I still have my mom, but it felt better having him there, always by my side.
     "You start your new school today so you should go get ready." She implies, "I'm going to stay home from work today." My mom got a new job as a weather specialist. She's perfect for the job. I go upstairs and put on my blue and white striped tee shirt and a pair of jean capris. Cute but sensible. The next thing I now is getting on to the bus to go to my new school. I walk up to the desk and tell the nice secretary there my name and my address and she tells me my teachers and how to get there. I walk into my home room teacher, Mrs. Tadams class. She asks me if I'm Lillian and I say that I am and then she asks me to introduce myself and so I do and then somebody asks me where I lived before this. What am I supposed to say? I can't tell them that I lived in a fairy world.
     "I lived in a nice place called Lando-Fred." I tell him. Then my teacher shows me to my desk right next to people named Grace and Hannah. Next to Grace are people named Molly and Eleanor. Then Mrs. Tadams gives me a slip of paper and explains to me that this is my locker combination. She shows me how to do it and sends me to my locker to put my stuff away. About twenty minutes later I go to math class and I am in Mr. Hitney's class. It turns out I am very good at math. Then after that we go to recess and Molly asks me if I wanted to join band. I told her that I played the clarinet for awhile and that I'd love to. After that Hannah asks me if I wanted to join choir. Wow! I didn't know people wanted me to get so involved. I tell her that I want to do that as well. When we are done with recess, we go to lunch, and then I.E, and then special, which is gym. After all of that we go to our science and social studies teacher, Mr. Zacho. He is very funny. After the day is over, I take the bus home. Turns out me and Hannah are on the same bus. When I get home I find mom on her bed crying. I give her a big hug and fall asleep with me in her arms.