Chapter 38

"Guys. You really don't need to do this." I said to Caitlyn and Sarah.

On Wednesday morning Axel offered for us to skip school and go get our Prom outfits. Right now I was on the phone with Sarah and Caitlyn, who were already at school, filling them in on our plan.

They said they wanted to pay for our outfits! Though it was very sweet and kind of them, Axel and I told them to keep their money. I would get my dress and Axel would get his tuxedo.

"Emily! Are you ready?" Axel called from outside. He already sat on his bike with the engine purring.

"Coming! Just give me a second!" I called out to him from the top floor. I stood in my bedroom struggling to get my boot on.

I hopped down the stairs, still fighting for the boot to go on my foot. When I slipped and fell, I closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact with the cold floor. But it didn't come.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see Axel smirking down at me. "You okay there Sweet Cheeks, or do I have to carry you out of the house too?" I glared at him and stood up straight, still have one shoe in my hand and the other half way on my foot.

"I thought you were already on your motorcycle. How did you get to me so fast?" I looked up at him.

"I always know when my little Sweet Cheeks needs me." He said. I crossed my arms and cocked an eyebrow. "Okay fine, forgot my keys to the house." He admitted. I giggled at him.

"Yea we might need those if we want to... Oh I don't know, get back in the house." I stated sarcastically. My dad and Axel's mom already left for work, so if he did end up forgetting his keys, we would be in big trouble.

"Oh the sarcasm. How I love you so." He mimicked with the same amount of sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, leading him out the door and too his bike. He got on first, followed by me, then we drove off.

* * *

"No way. Axel I'm not wearing that." I crossed my arms and put all of my weight on my right leg.

Right now we stood in Dillard's, deciding what dress I was going to where for Prom. Axel offered to help me pick out a dress, so I let him. Big mistake.

He chose to pick all of the ugly or the too sexy-showing ones. I honestly couldn't tell if he was messing with me or not.

"Babe. This one is not that bad." He wore a small smile on his lips.

He held up a puke green long dress with puffy sleeves, like the ones you would see Cinderella wear, and the bottom folded every which way. I nearly threw up all over it, it would have probably matched the dress.

"No. This looks like something your mother would make you wear to punish you." Axel let out a chuckle. "Okay, I think we need to work on this differently. I will pick out my dress and you will work on your suit and tie."

"Okay. So what is the lucky color we are wearing?" I held my hand on my chin as if I was thinking. I smiled and said black. "How did I know?" He smiled and kissed me.

"Would you rather me wear yellow? Or maybe Orange? Oh, what about pink? I know you just adore pink." I said with my chipper sarcastic tone. I rapped my arms around his neck and he rapped his arms around my waist.

I watched as he leaned close to my ear. "Mhmm. There's that sarcasm again." He purred against my ear. I felt my spine shiver from his tone. He stood up straight and observed my body language, a smirk danced across his lips.

"I'll see you in a little Sweet Cheeks." He said with one last kiss on the forehead. I watched he walked away and towards the men's tux's.

I looked around and began to work. Going through all of the dresses, they were all pretty, but nothing spoke to me. Some were short, some were long, some were tight, and some were loose. I wanted a combination of it all. Something that wasn't long, but not too long. Something tight but also loose.

I finally gave up after twenty minutes and asked a young girl who worked here for help. She went over to my section and asked me what kind of dress I wanted.

I told her I wanted a black dress, tight at the top but also loose at the bottom, and long but not so long I trip on it.

I must have tried on a million dresses. They were all different, but they were all what I wanted. None of them were the 'one'.

I sat down, ready to give up when the girl worker came back with another dress. She held up a short black dress that had long sleeves with a circle neck hole. The top was tight then got loose at the bottom. In the front at a certain point the dress stopped, but in the back it kept going and soon formed the end into a circle.

I stared at it and soon found myself making my way to the dressing room. I got in, locking the door, I set the dress down. I changed out of my denim shorts and my breakfast club tee. I slipped off my black army boots and my socks. I unzipped the back of the dress and stepped in it.

I pulled it up and walked out. The lady stood up and zipped the back for me. I thanked her and went in front of the mirror.

I actually thought it was a different person at first! The old Emily James Winter would have never worn a fancy dress like this one. Actually she would have never worn a dress, period. I admired the dress and how it looked on me.

I looked up at the lady and she gave me two thumbs up. I smiled at her and I told her this the one.

Next I had to pick out high heels. I went through a couple until I found a really cute pair that really went with my dress. They were black, but underneath they were sparkly.

After purchasing the dress and the shoes, the lady put the dress in a black bag and hung it on a hanger. Afterwards I looked for Axel. I found him at a checkout counter, buying his suit and tie. I ran over to him and jumped on his back. He got tense at first but when he realized it was me he relaxed.

I got off his back and smiled at him. "How was your search on your suit and tie?" I asked him.

He held up the freshly ironed black tie and suit for me to see. "I don't I did too shabby." He said with a smirk. "Did you find your dress?"

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you going to show me?" He asked.

"Nope. Your gonna' have to wait." I said, once again popping the 'p'.

He let out a groan. He gave me a look but I just gave him a big smile. "How are you going to hide it from me? We live in the same house."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well if you really love me, you will wait till Saturday."

He let out a sigh. We carried our items out of the mall and I had to hold them as we drove home. Not really romantic, but then again, I don't know how to drive a motorcycle. Yet.

* * *

Tonight is the night. Prom.

Sarah and Caitlyn came over to get ready with me. Everyone decided to meet us there. Ryan and Caitlyn didn't have dates, so they decided to just go together, as friends.

Caitlyn was the first to change. She walked of the restroom wearing a short red dress with the top laced with no sleeves. She put it all together with her hair up in a fishtail braided crown down hairstyle and red high heels with a single strap.

Next was Sarah. She walked out of the restroom wearing a short dark blue dress with spaghetti straps. She had her in a cute ribbon down hairstyle and dark blue heels with her toes showing.

Then me. I came out with my short black dress. Caitlyn put my hair in a wavy down hairstyle with little white flowers in it. I got my black heels on and we all stared at each other.

"Guys. We are pretty damn hot." Caitlyn said, making me and Sarah laugh.

I heard my father calling us from down stairs, say that the boys were here and ready. I called back to him telling him we would be right down.

I took in a deep breath through my nose and let it out through my mouth. "Okay. Let's do this."