I Don't Speak Spanish

"Alison, meet CeCe."

Alison stood there, frozen, as she stared at her half-sister. All this time, she thought she'd never see her. But here she was, being intorduced to her as if they were strangers. They were, technically, strangers but not entirely.

This, was their first encounter and she wasn't even ready.

Emily watched as Alison's face drained it's colour. Confused, Emily looked at CeCe and noticed that they both mirrored the same expression.

Could they have known each other?

Emily cleared her throat making the blonde girls look at Emily and snap out of their thoughts, "Do you guys know each other?"

Alison shook her head while CeCe did the speaking, "No, she doesn't but I do. Damn, I just got a little starstruck," She said and it seemed like she genuinely didn't know Alison. She looked at Emily with a lopsided grin, "I've got two celebrities in my house. How cool is that?"

Emily chuckled lightly and Alison just watched as they socialized. "Aren't you going to invite us in?" Emily playfully remarked.

Cece's eyes widened and she immediately made way for them to go in, "Come in."

When Alison stepped into the victorian house, she was immediately met with the welcoming environment. Overwhelmed by the feeling, she looked around and smiled. The place did look homey.

A picture hanging on the wall caught Alison's eyes though and her eyes lingered there for a while. She didn't even notice that she was slowly making her way to that picture. She reached out and placed her fingertips on the picture.

"Mom.." She whispered.

It was a picture of her mother and a mini Cece sitting on the swings. Her mother looked younger and she looked even happier. She lowered her gaze and looked at her mom's arms that were filled with bruises and cuts.

"That's my mother," Alison heard someone say behind her.

She turned around to look at Cece and blushed. "Uh, Where is she now?" She asked, pretending she didn't know her.

"She's dead." She simply said before turning around to face both Alison and Emily, "Do you guys want anything?" She questioned with a small smile.

"Nah, but thanks.. I came to talk," Emily said as she sat on the big leather couch.

Alison watched as she did so and she just stared, frozen when she saw another picture of her mother. "Alison?" She questioned worriedly.

Alison looked around and noticed Cece wasn't here. "Where's Cece?" She asked.

"Oh, she went to get juice." Emily said nonchalantly. She, then, raised a suspicious eyebrow at her. "Didn't you see her go to the kitchen?"

Alison shook her head and frowned. She watched as Emily brought the mug up to her lips and sipped it. "When'd you get coffee?" She asked.

Emily looked at Alison and opened her mouth to speak.

"Alison, you know you can tell me anything, right?" Emily asked and Alison looked at her and paused, as if she was thinking of an answer.

"Of course but why are you telling me this?" She asked, genuinely baffled and not aware of how many times she has been zoning out.

"You seem.. off?"

"Pfft.." Alison scoffed and smiled when she sees Cece come in the livingroom with a radiant smile on her face that looked awfully familiar.. like her mother's.