Chapter 7

A/N: Mature content

----------------------------------------

Had you asked Karlie what her future would look like a few months ago, it wouldn't even come close her current reality. She would have said her life would be peaceful and quiet while she's doing what she loves. She'd visit her family and friends and in turn they would visit her. There would be no extraordinary thing going on in her life, because to Karlie simplicity is enough. It's enough to keep her happy and that's all she had ever wanted in life.

Karlie had never expected to be in the situation she currently is. She never expected to fall for a girl who would turn out to be her student. She never expected that she wouldn't care about putting herself at risk for a girl. But she is doing all of that and she couldn't care less. All she know is that she needs to be with Taylor, because being without her is like being away from your source of happiness.

"Karlie, where are we going?" Taylor asks for the millionth time. Not once had the brunette given a hint and it frustrates her. Taylor doesn't necessarily like surprises, she never has.

Karlie rolls her eyes. "Be patient, would you?" Taylor decides to up her game and starts poking Karlie's leg with a pout on her face. "Okay fine! I actually don't have any idea where we're going. I want to take you on a date, but we can't do that in Lakefield now can we? So, until I find the perfect place for our date, I don't know where we're going. You happy?"

Taylor nods, but doesn't remove her hand from Karlie's leg. She feels Karlie's hand entwine itself with her own. Taylor's mind is wiped blank at the gesture and all she can think of is how good it feels to hold Karlie's hand. Their hands fit together perfectly, like a puzzle.

The rest of the ride is spent in a comfortable silence. Occasionally, one of them would glance at the other or squeeze their hand to make sure this is actually happening. Both had longed for this moment since the evening they met while at the same time they were the ones who prevented it from happening. This is the first time they've decided to forget about all of the consequences and just be. It's the first time they've let go and they feel nothing but sheer happiness.

---

Karlie opens Taylor's door and takes her hand, being the gentlewomen she is. Together they walk into the cute little diner they'd had found, hands entwined. It has a very cozy feel and luckily for them it's open until midnight. It's already eleven by the time they step through the doors. 

The sweet tunes of an 80s song fill their ears, giving them a homey feel. They are led to their booth by one of the waiters. Karlie hates the way he's staring at Taylor's but. Sure, she knows it's a great behind, but that doesn't mean just about anyone is allowed to look at it. That's just rude.

Both girls start skimming through the menu in search of something that they might like. Karlie's mouth water when she sees they have a veggie burger, so her choice is made easily. Taylor however seems to have some more trouble finding something to eat and her tongue is sticking out of her mouth in concentration.

"What do you want?" Karlie asks.

"Nothing big, I think I'm going to go for a salad or something. Oh and some tea."

"Some tea," Karlie says, trying to imitate Taylor's accent. "You know, I've always wondered where you're from, because of the accent and all."

"I was born in London, but we moved to America when I was five years old. My whole family is British so even though I was basically raised here the accent didn't completely fade away."

"That explains it." Karlie chuckles. "I could never pinpoint what kind of accent it was, but turns out it's a mix. A cute mix though, just like you." Karlie's voice is laced with flirtation.