Jealousy

RedReality I apologize in advance for everything in this chapter. I promise I don't share any of Selaeyah's feelings about you!

.......................

Meanwhile, at Valior Place, Eskee Valley, Kilaenas...

*Selaeyah Valior*

Selaeyah slipped her expensive blue cardigan off her shoulders, hanging it on the gold plated hook by her door as she entered her spacious suite. She glanced around at the lavish furnishings of her magnificent estate with contempt as she sat down on on a brilliant red couch, waiting as it shifted under her, adjusting to her body's shape and weight.

She used to take great pride in her riches, but now, all she could think about was the fact that she had inherited almost all of it from her parents.

Raliyel might not have been quite as rich as she was, but her wealth was all her own.

Her Aura flared wildly for a second as she thought of the annoyingly intelligent Rhenan pest. If only Raliyel were actually a bug...yes, if Raliyel was an insect, Selaeyah would squish her slowly between her thumb and index finger.

She smiled at the thought as her secretary and friend, Liretta Seau, quietly walked into the room.

*Liretta Seau*

*Liretta Seau*

"Selaeyah? Are you alright? It seems like something's been troubling you lately," Liretta said with concern, sitting down beside the Scientist Chief.

"You won't believe this," Selaeyah shook her head. "I think I'm jealous...of a Rhenan! Yes, a Rhenan!"

For a second, Liretta was silent, and then, she began to laugh.

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!" She snorted between guffaws.

"I'm serious," Selaeyah said crossly.

"Wait...really?" Liretta clamped her hand over her mouth in disbelief.

"Her name is Raliyel Novisty," Selaeyah sighed.

"Oh, her? I've heard of her!" Liretta chirped. "The Auranews is raving about her incredible impact on the Assembly of Icehearts!"

"You're not helping!" Selaeyah snapped.

"Sorry," Liretta winced, afraid that she might've offended her ruthless Chief.

"The Queen always listens to her ideas these days," Selaeyah spat. "It's always about Raliyel. I wouldn't be surprised if Saralee walked into a Council meeting one day and declared her Chief of the Scientist Clan!"

"The Queen would never do that," Liretta assured her. "The Arystenn family has always honored the tradition of the five noble bloodlines, and I don't see that changing just because of a Rhenan. And, besides, our clan would never accept a Rhenan for its Chief. We have always been the strongest advocates of the aristocracy."

"The Keepers would love it, though!" Selaeyah fumed. "Those idealistic twits are always yapping about equal rights for Rhenans. And they're the social clan, they control the media. The media can make a very big difference in a situation like this. I'm just very nervous about Raliyel's presence in the court."

"In that case, there are always ways of getting rid of her," Liretta smiled slyly. "Perhaps we can push her into the Penveveni River, like we did to that Rhenan rights spokesman last year. Oh, that was fun."

"Saralee is too smart for that, she'd figure it out in a second," Selaeyah bit her lip absentmindedly, thinking over her options. "Ha! I've got it!"

"What?" Liretta grinned wide in anticipation.

"I will do something far worse than killing her," Selaeyah smiled cruelly. "She is bold and quick, which is what makes her appealing to the rest of the Assembly. I shall use her greatest strength, her free spirit, to bring about her downfall. I will silence her voice, and that will be more than she can bear."

"Brilliant! But how will you pull it off?" Liretta asked. 

"You forget, Liretta, that I am the Chief of this Clan," Selaeyah pronounced. "And therefore, this Clan plays by my rules. It's time to put those anti-Rhenan policies I've been talking about for years into effect." 

"That's a risky move," Liretta frowned. "Queen Saralee could easily veto every proposal you put forth, and even if our policies were signed into law, the Keeper clan would lash out. Their Heir, Fenorel Soren, is very close to the Queen. They could greatly influence her, causing her to sway even further to the Rhenans' side." 

"Saralee would never do that to me," Selaeyah shook her head adamantly. "We knew each other since before we even Awakened, we're almost like sisters. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to start turning those ideas into feasible proposals. Our first step will be prohibiting Rhenans from working in the Iceheart Department."

"Selaeyah, don't do it," Liretta grabbed the Chief's arm in earnest. "I have a very bad feeling about this. You don't want to ruin your relationship with the Queen." 

"Stop being paranoid," Selaeyah wrenched away, walking towards the staircase. "I am a noble, through and through. It's part of my job to put people like Raliyel in their place, even more so now that I am an Iceheart. Queen Saralee may be crazy, and maybe even downright evil, but she's no fool. She'll see that, as usual, I'm right." 

"But please-" 

"As Chief of the Scientist clan, I order you to let me go upstairs and work on my proposal!" Selaeyah snarled, rolling her eyes at Liretta as she smoothly ascended the stairs to the loft that housed her bedroom and private office. 

Such a scared idiot, she smirked. After years of working with her wily Chief, Liretta should've learned that Selaeyah never failed. 

When she wanted something, unless Saralee was firmly against it, she got it, whether through straightforward, forceful, or underhanded means. In that aspect, she was much like the Ice Queen.