♕ chapter three | breakfest at the basses

^ Amanda ^

^ Amanda ^

5 weeks later

  Blair didn't tell Chuck she was pregnant yet.

She was now 9 weeks in, and her bump was becoming more and more noticeable as the days past. Blair still couldn't put a finger out on why she couldn't tell Chuck. She had already told Serena and she promised to keep it in secret, but she wasn't sure why telling Chuck was too scary for her.

She even told Nate and Dan—scratch that, Dan knew it from the moment she walked into The Empire five weeks ago to visit Nate.

"So?" Blair said, after a silence for a minute between Nate and Dan. Nate slowly sank onto a chair before smiling.

"Blair Waldorf, mother to be. Now that is a sentence I never expected myself to say," Dan chuckled, Nate following along. Blair grinned at the two. Dan gave her a bouquet of peonies as she accepted it with a wary face.

"Congratulations Blair," Nate whispered before embracing her. She would blame her pregnancy hormones later but, she even let Dan hug her tightly. "Guys," she said. The two slowly broke off from her arms. "Thank you guys. I'm just excited for my own baby but um, you can't tell Chuck," she warned.

Nate's hands came out of his pockets, his eyes wide. "He doesn't even know?"

Blair sighed, "I'm just too scared on how he's going to react."

The two men nodded in agreement. Dan however, raised an eyebrow. "Blair, I know this is scary for you--I mean, it is your child. But it's also Chuck's and I don't think it would be right to leave him in the dark in this."

She pursed her lips and Dan sighed. "Look, why don't you just take a breather--take Serena out for lunch and just have a girls day together, I'm sure it'll relax you for a while."

She smiled cheekily, "Thanks, Humphrey."

"Yeah, just listen to what Dan says," Nate supported before looking back down his phone. He had recieved a text from no other than his assitant saying that Amanda Darrington was at his office.

"Look," Nate started, "something came up at the office but Humphrey here," he patted Dan's back harshly. He winced. "Will take you home and for some lunch, yeah?"

"Oh no I don't think that's—"

Blair agreed with Dan. "Yeah, I've been meaning to catch up with Dorota since—"