Chapter Twenty-One

Dedicated to chooseitwisely cause it was her birthday not long ago.

Okay, it has been so long since I uploaded that I feel soooo bad but there are lots of things going on in my life right now.

However, I uploaded this massively gigantic chapter to hopefully make up for it. Sorry for the wait!

Enjoy!!!!

Chapter Twenty-One

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered as I tugged the shoelace tight around Law’s wrists, wrapping the thin material around his fingers in a way that if he tried too hard to escape, he would break his thumb.

“Stop apologizing to them,” Tally said, sending me a glare as he listened at the door to see if anyone was coming.

“I just feel really bad,” I mumbled, frowning at Reed and Law who were back to back with their hands tied by their own shoelaces. “Reed’s not really a bad guy.”

Tally raised an eyebrow at me. “He kidnapped you from your school with the express purpose of interrogating you and he brought along a guy who’s well known for his less than gentle methods of questioning and you think he’s ‘not a bad guy’?” He shook his head. “That’s one powerful drug.”

I snapped my mouth shut, trying to ignore my urge to give more excuses for Reed’s behaviour. My eyes traveled over Tally who was once again leaning his ear against the door. He was wearing Law’s military outfit and even though it was big on him, somehow it made him seem manlier, making his shoulders broader and the hat on his head somehow made him look so…sexy.

“…if we can’t make it?”

“Hm?” I asked, swallowing hard as my pulse sped up and my skin started to heat. I bit my lip, standing slowly, not minding my heels so much anymore and leaning my back against the wall, taking a deep breath as my eyes strayed over Tally’s torso.

“What’s wrong with you now? You’re sweating,” he said, his dark blue eyes narrowing at me, suddenly looking seductive and I took an unconscious step towards him.

“We need to get out of here,” I said, my voice raspy as part of me realized my attraction to Tally was another side effect of the Oxytocin but damn, the boy looked fine in a uniform. “Like now,” I said, my chest rising and falling rapidly.

“You’re all flushed,” he said, his eyes lighting with concern as he took a step towards me.

“Stay back!” I shouted, flinging my hands out and taking a step towards him, contradicting my words. Hastily, I retreated, planting my back against the wall once more, tearing my gaze away from him. “It’s the drug, I’m just a little…warm.” Hot. I was hot and so was Tally. Super hot. Irresistible. Why wasn’t he an actor? He could make millions off of his looks. I groaned at my ridiculous thoughts and ran a hand over my face, trying to concentrate. “Let’s go,” I said, pushing off the wall and heading towards him, making my heart race wildly in my chest. I giggled lightly when I stood beside him, loving that he was taller than me.

“Did you just giggle?” he asked, frowning down at me.

“Maybe,” I said, batting my lashes at him and sending him a flirty smile before I wiped the look off my face, wincing inwardly at my actions. “Let’s go.”

“Wait, we should go over the plan one more time,” he said, placing his hand on the door and leaning a little closer to me. I swallowed as his dark blue eyes stared into my soul.

“Wow,” I whispered, my eyes widening as I looked up at him.

“Jade?” Tally said, his voice a little husky as his gaze shot to my lips for a second.