Chapter 1: Christian Storm

Start from the beginning

He shook his head, leaning back in his chair, "Not really, but did you hear that in a couple of days we're supposed to be getting a new detective."

"Really," I asked, not really sure if I like the fact there we were getting a new person.

Dante nodded, "Yep, I don't know what he is, or even if it's a he."

I laughed, "I hope it's a guy, because I'm really sick of women always coming up to me, always hitting on me, and taking me away from my work."

Dante laughed this time, "Seriously I would love all the attention, women always swarming around you, what man wouldn't love that?"

"Me I guess, and why would you love it, aren't you looking for your mate?"

"Yeah, but who says I can't play around until I find her."

I scoffed, "Whatever you say man."

Dante leaned closer to me, "Ahh the way you talk, it's a no wonder women swarm to you, you're soo irresistible."

I laughed, "Shut up, god I hate how women can be so sleazy."

Dante sat up nodding in agreement, "I know right, what happened to the classy women. The ones who when you held a door open or smiled at them blushed at you instead of shortening their clothes and trying to put their hands down your pants."

I chuckled, "They don't exist, and if they do they're very rare."

"Ahh like unicorns."

I looked over at Dante's serious expression and laughed hard, what is it with him and unicorns, "Dante, do we have to go over this again?"

His face grew serious and I laughed even harder, "Dude they are very real, just because you haven't seen one before doesn't mean they don't exist."

I nodded, "Right, I'll let you believe that D."

We kept this back and forth banter going on for a couple more minutes and then Chief Montell came out of his office and wanted to have a meeting with everyone. So everyone stopped what they were doing, got up out of their seats, and gave him our undivided attention. "Everyone listen up, because I am only going to say this once." He looked around at everyone, "As some of you have probably already heard through rumors, we are going to be getting a new detective and yes it is true. She is going to be starting three days from now; Storm and Finn you will be helping her out for the first couple of days, helping her to get used to the routine around here for it."

"Yes sir," I replied and Dante just nodded.

"Good, now I found out about this around two weeks ago and I'm just telling you this now because I wasn't sure how to tell you this next piece of news," he took a deep breath, "Her name is Jasmine Alder, and she is a human." Everyone gasped and the room came alive with questions.

"How are we supposed to keep our identities a secret?"

"Yeah, and what if she finds out?"

"How can we protect her if she's not one of us?"

Question after question spurted from everyone mouths, and then Dante spoke up. "HEY!"

Everyone silenced immediately and the Chief gave him a quick nod, "I understand this is a big surprise and most of you are very worried about her finding out about us, but that wont be a problem because she already knows about us."

This time I spoke up, "About all of us?"

He nodded, "You won't need to worry about her Storm, because she is taking pills that will help her to deny your pull."