Cal

Hello all! So, I am new to this & hoping that this story comes out good! I hope you like it & any feedback, comments, or suggestions are welcomed.
This is just a test story to see if people like what I wrote. If all goes well, I will continue. Be sure to comment and let me know what you think.
Thanks & enjoy. :)

(The scene starts right at the end of Glass Sword)

As the hot metal slithers away, loosening from my neck, I drop my eyes. I have never felt so defeated as I did when I severed my father's head. She's gone now.
She thought she was being a hero.
She told me she wouldn't go back to him for anyone. Now I know what she meant.
Kilorn, Bree, Tramy and the others start getting up. The army of silver haired magnetrons left us in the forest. It's starting to dawn on us what just happened. How desperate was she to make that sacrifice?
"We have to get moving." I whisper.
"So we're just going to leave her? Seriously, Cal?" Kilorn protests.
"We have no choice but to regroup. Maven will kill us. If not today, then another day. It's better we head back to the base and get back up." I state as a matter of fact.
He nods, but the scowl on his face says he isn't happy about this.

How could I have let her be taken? I promised I wouldn't let him hurt her.
Bree interrupts my thoughts, " So where are we headed prince?"
Tramy joins in, " We need to find shelter. There's no way we can make it back to the base with the supplies salvaged."
We began walking towards the dense forest. It started raining. Great, water. I'm still slightly disoriented from the metal striking my head. I wonder if it was Evangeline. She was never going to love me. Not like it mattered to me. She wanted to kill me in the Bowl of Bones. Now she's following Maven around, hoping he will take her as queen.
We soon found shelter in an abandoned cave. I set up a fire in the middle.
I can't fall asleep. Mare is on my mind. I need to know she is safe, but knowing Maven, she is being tortured. My skin begins to heat up. He has her in his hands. What kind of torture is he inflicting on her? He wanted her and loved her...

If he even touches her, I'll lose it.
My last thoughts of her were how beautiful she is and hearing her apology while we fell out of the sky. I hope she could tell that I apologized too and that I love her.
Someone stirs in the cave. I look around to see who moved. It's just Kilorn getting up. Probably can't sleep either.

He comes over next to me. I sit up to face him.
"Can't sleep."
"Same here." I reply.
The fire casts our shadows on the wall of the cave.
He hesitates for a moment and begins, "Cal, was there anything we could have done to stop her?"
I sigh and ponder at the question.
"Maven has wanted her since the Bowl of Bones. He would set this world on fire trying to find her."
I pause briefly.
"She chose this on her own. I couldn't do anything to stop her, to keep her safe."
I choke back tears.