Chapter 2: When Destiny Calls

Start from the beginning

"No." He said even more sternly. I laughed and shook my head as I started flipping through the pages again.

"If I can't have any fun with this engagement. I don't know why I'm accepting it. My wolf isn't even getting roaled up over any of these..."

'That one.' My wolf suddenly growled. 'Him. I want him.' My wolf growled even louder. I raised an eyebrow as I looked down at the page. A mocha colored boy with soft deep forest green eyes, golden brown bushy curly hair with the most dazzling smile was staring back up at us. I started to read his profile.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Name: Anthony Lee Palms

Age: 17

Height: 6'0

Mating Status: Unclaimed

Pack Status: Meat Breeder

Educated Status: Graduated High School

Family Status: Adopted

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I stared at the picture for the longest time that I didn't even hear my father calling me. Until I felt a small shake at the shoulder. "Thane. Son. Are you okay?" My father asked as he stood next to me looking quite worried. I nodded slowly and looked up at him.

"We want him." I said placing the book on the table so that my father could see the picture. He looked down and tilted his head to the side. Then looked back at me.

"We?" He asked curiously. I nodded. An looked back at the picture.

"Yeah. My wolf just spoke to me. He wants him." I could feel my wolf stirring like he was excited. My father scratched the back of my neck.

"He seems kinda innocent son. Don't you want to chose anoth..." He didn't even get a chance to finish as a deep growl rip through my throat.

"I WANT HIM!" I found myself growling really loud making my voice echo through the room. My father took a step back.

"Ah! It's okay Thane you can have him. I was just making sure this is what you really wanted him. You and your WOLF can have him." My father said cautiously. I was slowly staring to realize why he was talking like that. I had turned into my wolf and I was just about ready to tear my fathers head off. "You can have him." My father assured me again. I started to calm down and I could feel my body untensing and I slowly slipped back in my spot. I was looking up at my father horrified.

"Are... Are you ok..."

"It's okay son. It's okay." He try to assure me as he patted my shoulder.

"Wha... What was that?!" I asked my him quietly. "Will it happen again?!" I asked panicky this time and tried to stand. But my father quickly shook his head and grabbed my shoulders making me sit.

"It's normal son. It's normal for a future alpha to have these mood swings. Your wolf is more clear on what he wants and he intends to get it one way or another." He told me softly as he sat down next to me. I didn't look at him as I kept my eyes on the smooth stone floor. My eyes unconsciously slipped back up to the picture.

"Will he be okay with me like this." I said nodding my head towards the photo of the boy I just chosen to be my mate. My father looked at the photo also and sighed before he said...

"That's completely up to you and your wolf."

~~~>END OF FLASHBACK<~~~

I tilted my head to the side and smile. "Yeah. I think you'll be okay. Don't you think?" I asked the smaller boy laying beneath me as I scanned over his flawless face. He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. Then shook his head.

"Look if your not going to do anything then it'd be nice if you got off of me. Goodness your heavy!" He teased in all seriousness and started squirming around. At least I knew I'd never get bored with him around. I laugh and shook my head.

"If you keep moving like that..." I whispered as I leaned my head down slowly only inches from his face. "We're gonna have another friend joining us." I teased lightly. He seemed to get it cause he stopped moving on the spot and looked up at me wide eyes. I smirked down at him and leaned in the rest of the way, pressing my lips to his softly. As soon as we made contacted a blissful surge went through me. I gasped and jumped back and moved off of him quickly. He had sat up quickly also and pressed his fingers to his lips indicating he felt it to.

"What was that?" We both breathed out in union. Someone chuckled softly and I looked over to see my gray haired, blue eyed grandmother standing in the door. She was smiling at us in a really weird way.

"That my dear boys was destiny."