1

Dedicated to the super talented shirofuku and sempiternalb3larus. Their Iwaoi fics ruined me.  :')

1

Oikawa will admit, there is nothing particularly special about the man before him... Nothing particularly special about his brown hair, dark eyes, or tan skin. There is nothing special about the expression upon his face (which is that of slight frustration). There is nothing special about his posture, leaning over the table, over a textbook... There is nothing special about the way he holds the highlighter, as he carefully selects which lines to make stand out. The man is just another man... Just another college student...

Just

Just

Yet Oikawa is drawn to him... Drawn to him for some unknown reason.

Just

Normally Oikawa just gives the customer their order as soon as possible... With little to no words exchanging between the customer and himself. This time, he decides to speak, to start a conversation...

"You only need a couple of sentences from that paragraph," Oikawa remarks, all the while gently setting the man's order - coffee with cream, and two packets of sugar - on the table. Before the man can respond, Oikawa adds, "This part, right here" he points to the part, and reads it, "Cognitive Perspective compares the mind to a computer. Like computers, brains receive, store and retrieve information. It is a lot like creating a word document on your computer, saving it and opening it at a later time." With a brief pause, Oikawa stops reading to say one last thing "Just think of Cognitive Perspective as being Biological Perspective, with the addition of it includes how one's culture can impact a person's perspective. It's not the most detailed definition, but it'll get you by."

"That was really helpful!" the man exclaims, with a small but dazzling smile. "Hey, aren't you in my Intro to Psychology class?" Oikawa has to think for a few minutes... His Intro Psychology class is big, with him only being able to remember half of the faces, and even fewer names...

"I think we are. I'm not sure though, my class is pretty big," Oikawa says, with a nervous laugh. Why is this man, this incredibly normal man making him so nervous? After noticing that his boss, a short, middle aged man is glaring at him, Oikawa ends the conversation. "I'm glad that I was able to help... I've got to get back to work... See you tomorrow... Maybe..."