• 20

CHAPTER WARNINGS:

Drug abuse, triggering words, depression.

READ WITH CAUTION!

Days quickly passed and days quickly turned into weeks as the withdrawal phase became worse before it had gotten better, but the only thing that kept her sane was using more pills, she had gone to school before the summer break had started and ign...

Days quickly passed and days quickly turned into weeks as the withdrawal phase became worse before it had gotten better, but the only thing that kept her sane was using more pills, she had gone to school before the summer break had started and ignored almost everyone she had previously spoken to.

Alaric tried his best to help her but she pushed him away to the point where he could only watch her destroy herself, Jayden was still providing her with cocaine and sometimes heroin, but they were no longer in close contact with each other, after finding out that she was no longer drinking he distanced himself, they became strangers to each other.

Santino had been keeping his distance as well, but she wasn't inviting him over or anywhere, she needed him to realize that she was underaged and he should find somebody his own age to party with, she wished he would just show up and they could have sex again, even if it were just one last time, but she never called, she knew it was for the best.

As summer came to an end and the annual senior prank night was coming up, everyone tried to get her to participate but she refused, and when the 1st of September rolled around she counted herself lucky that she didn't go, especially when news came out that two students had died and everyone was sent home.

When the school term started Alex had learned who those two students were and saw a new girl strutting around Alex later heard that her name was Rebekah Mikaelson and immediately knew that it was Elijah's younger sister, but she didn't approach her knowing that it would be stupid of her to just confront an original vampire just to know where Elijah was, and besides, she vanished after homecoming.

Jeremy had left Mystic Fall as well, claiming that he wanted to get away from everything that had happened, but if Alex had to guess, it was to get away from his sister, but decided that nobody had asked and kept her mouth shut.

As another month passes something interrupted her daily routine of self-destruction, a knock on her door made her sigh and get up from the couch and walk towards the door, she had barely eaten over the summer and had lost a lot of weight, she opens the door and looks at the person.

"Well, well, would you look who it is," Alex says. "Elijah." Elijah quickly picked up how much skinnier she looked.

"Alexandra." Elijah greets.

"What can I do for you, Elijah?" Alex asks.

"I wish to apologize for my absence," Elijah says, Alex wanted to roll her eyes.

"What's there to apologize for? I'm sure you have an extremely busy life without my interference." Alex says. "I understand, you can go now, thank you for stopping by." She begins closing the door only for Elijah to place his hand on the door stopping her.

"My brother had me daggered, there is not a thing I could do about that, Damon Salvatore removed the dagger last night," Elijah explains. "How are you doing? You appeared to have lost some weight and you reek of narcotics."

"Yeah, well, loss of appetite is part of the withdrawal symptoms," Alex mutters. "But you know, abusing drugs makes you lose your appetite as well." Elijah quickly realized what had happened.

"Alexandra," Elijah says.

"What, Elijah?" Alex asks, she was annoyed with him at this point. "Do you want to preach for me? Go ahead, I know what I'm doing is killing me, but what do I have to live for? Who do I need to live for?"

"You might have given up on yourself, but I have not," Elijah says. "You might not feel like you have a purpose right now, but that does not mean that the future does not have a plan for you."

"Just give up, Elijah," Alex says. "Give up and walk away from my issues, you'll be doing yourself a favour." Alex wanted to shoot lasers from her eyes but instead, tears formed in them.

"Let me help you, please, Alex," Elijah says, he wasn't going to give up. "Allow somebody to help you." If she had the strength, she would have slammed the door shut, because he was right, she needed somebody but she had pushed everyone that had tried to help her away. "I give you my word, I will help you if you allow me."

"Your fucking word?" Alex asks. "Your word means absolutely nothing to me until you follow through on it, so don't give me your word or give me empty promises." Elijah nods his head, she would give him a chance, but only one. "All right... now, do you want to come in or do you have something to do?"

"I have dinner to host with my brother and the Salvatore's," Elijah says. "I would invite you but I am planning on resurrecting my family as well."

"That totally sounds like a normal family dinner," Alex says. "But no need to say more, A human at a dinner with a room full of vampires that probably haven't eaten in a long time doesn't sound like fun to me."

"Thank you for understanding," Elijah says. "Could I request one last thing from you today?"

"Depends on what it is," Alex says.

"Could you not take any more heroin today? Or cocaine?" Elijah asks, a sarcastic smile tug at Alex's lips.

"I'm not promising anything," Alex says. "I'll see you tomorrow, Elijah."

"Have a nice day, Alexandra," Elijah says, knowing he wasn't going to win.

"Good luck with dinner."