I'll be your man/Deck the halls (Chapter 6)

He had a ten minute sleep then woke up. He was a little dizzy and I had to keep hold of a sick bowl just in case. "I'll be your man through the fire in your mind, I'll hold your hands through the flames," I whispered to him. He smiled and pushed his hair out his eyes. I sat on the bed and put my arm under his back. "Lie back, release your mind... Let the world fall down while I'm by your side," I said and closed my eyes. He snuggled his head under my chin and he sighed, glad to be safe in my arms. His parents came all the way to Manchester to visit him and they gave him a get well card. His mum wouldn't stop thanking me for saving him but I pushed the thanks away, it was my instinct to help him. They went and left us alone again. I kissed him softly on the cheek as a doctor walked into the room. "Everything is fine. He can go home but keep an eye on him," the doctor winked and closed the curtains. Dan quickly got dressed and we saw the Christmas decorations spread around the hospital, I smiled and we walked to the car.

We laid down on the sofa and watched a baking show. He laid in front of me so I hugged him to stop him falling off. "I can lay with you for days. The years can pass away," Dan laughed sweetly. I didn't care about the world, he was all I needed to be happy. We kept watching and laughed at the mistakes people were making. "My lips are so dried and cracked," He sighed. "I love the way they taste like strawberries!" I giggled and he slapped me playfully. He leaned over and kissed me. He pulled away and went back to watching TV. "Dan! Is it time to say the c word yet?" I smiled. "Christmas?! Of course!" He laughed. Christmas was probably my favourite time of the year and I always acted like a excited kid. I ran to the attic to get the decorations and I got the drawing pins. I got some holly and put it around the hallway. "Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la," I sang. Dan joined in and helped me decorate. I strewed the living room with tinsel and I pinned snow flakes to the ceiling. I got out a Christmas tree and I grabbed my camera. I got some scissors and started to cut the box open. "I'm gonna dance while you unbox it," he chuckled. I gasped as I looked at all the little bits in the box. "It needs constructing," Dan said in a sinister voice. I picked out a part and looked at it as if it was an alien. "What is this?" I gasped. We started to construct the tree, it looked a little lopsided as we had no clue what we were doing but we didn't care. I picked up a piece and stretched it out I went to aim for Dan's head but instead I hit the light. "What were you trying to do?" Dan laughed, and hit my legs with his hand. We decorated the tree with tinsel, baubles and lights. Dan turned off the ceiling light and we had a mini rave around it. I spoke in front of the camera and switched it off.

I went upstairs and picked up a small box, I grabbed a piece of normal paper and some wrapping paper. I scrawled some words on the normal paper and I glued it on top of the box. I then grabbed the wrapping paper and covered the box up. I hid it in my sock drawer, I knew he never looked there. I returned down stairs and sat on the sofa.