fast couple of days

Chantel’s POV

It’s been fast these couple of days. Coming out of hospital, moving in, being with Josh. I love him despite everything he’s done. He’s trying to repair the damage, he says sorry everyday and it’s getting on my nerves! But as I lay here in his arms, I can’t help but think why he didn’t choose me.

“Josh?” I say softly. “Mm?” “Why did you choose Sophie over me?” I ask. He shifts his position and swallows hard. “I can’t tell you when I don’t know the answer myself. I guess I just took what I thought was the easy way out.” He looks down at me and gives an apologetic look. I’m not mad at him, I asked and he answered.

I kiss him on the lips and linger there for a minute. “Stop beating yourself up. You’ve got me now and I’m not going anywhere.” He smiles and stands up, holding his hand out to me. “Will you dance with me?” “There’s no music playing” I laugh. He reaches for the remote and unchained melody blasts throughout the house. I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck, his holding my waist.

We sway to the music, looking into each others eyes. We don’t break our gaze. The last time I remember doing this was when it was my birthday. I smile at the thought, and Josh must be thinking the same because he smiles too.

When the song comes to an end he drops me back slowly, letting my hair touch the ground. He brings me back up and I kiss him passionately on the lips. He kisses me back and he starts to lead me backwards. We end up falling on the sofa and laugh. He looks down at me and says “how did I ever get lucky with you?” I peck him on the lips and reply “because you deserve to be happy.” He smiles and picks me up. “Josh what are you doing?” I laugh. “That my love, I cannot tell you.”

He opens the door that leads to the indoor swimming pool and puts me down. He takes off his shirt and trousers, leaving him in his boxers. He jumps in and I raise my eyebrows at him. “You joining me or what?” he asks. I take off my top and jeans and dive in. “Now what?” He swims over to me and hugs me. “I think we should finish off what we started” he whispers into my ear. 

AUTHORS NOTE: the song I mention is at the side.

______________