Identity Theft

Identity Theft

By Coco

Okay, you know that feeling you get when you answer a question with so much enthusiasm that you shout the answer to the entire class room but then it turns out to be wrong, then you wish you were a hermit instead to hide yourself. Well, that kinda of what happend to me.....

I'm the type of person that greets you anywhere you are, no matter who you are, as long as I know your name you can be positive I'll shout your name. Most people that I do greet they greet back (it's the right thing to do).  So I kept calling this girl, right, but she never responded. Watch and see how dumb I really am......

Me: Hi Malerie! <Malerie pronounced like Valerie except with a M.>

Malerie:.........<No response>

Second time by the hallway.....

Me: Hey Malerie, what up?!

Malerie:.....<Again no response>

Third time out the courtyard....

Me: Hey Malerie!

Malerie: .......<Turns around and gives me a queer look, before turning away.>

Fourth time by the hallway......

Me: Hi Malerie!

Malerie: Are you talking to me?< Has a weired facial expression.>

Me: Uhm, yes. I mean I've been calling your name for the last three times and you never responded.

Malerie: No, you haven't. You've been shouting 'Malerie'.

Me: <Then it hits me.> So your name isn't....Malerie?

Malerie-wait thats not it: NO! <Very angry expression.>

Me: Oh....<Awkward!> So what is your  name?

Malerie-not real name: It's Kathy.<She says kinda mad. Okay, very mad.> I can't believe you forgot my name after we both had summer camp together.

Me: Sorry...<I shrugg my shoulders and put a sad face.> I forget a lot of things. There's a reason why NHS(National Honor Society) doesn't accept my application.

Kathy-real name for sure:<She laughs a forced laugh.>It's okay.

<Moment of Awkward Silence>

Kathy: Well, I have to get to class.

Me: Ok, bye Mal-Kathy!<I actually run to my next class just because I almost messed up her name again.>

Ever since that day, I turn around when I see her. I mena I don't want to mess up her name Again! Yeah, no matter how many times you are forgiven things never return to the same.