Wedlock ↠ Tsukishima Kei

Start from the beginning

When she comes into his vision, Tsukishima unconsciously engraves within his mind the way she looked. She wore a simple but without a doubt expensive branded, (favourite colour) dress. Her (hair colour) locks done in a neat ponytail; Small diamond earrings piercing her ears, the glimmer of the gemstones not once outshining that of her (eye colour) irises as she locks eyes with him.

Her teeth showing as she smiles, she walks over to the empty seat across Kei.

"You're late." It's the first thing he says. He can't help but not be able to filter the slightly harsh words that come out of his mouth. Instead of getting mad or embarrassed by his statement, the (hair colour) haired teen takes her seat, a cheeky grin replacing her previous smile. 

"No, I'm your fiancee." He almost lets out an amused chuckle. Almost.

"But seriously, I'm only a few minutes late. Forgive me." Checking his phone, he looks at the time. 12:06 pm. "Just don't be late again." He picks up one of the menus, and she reciprocates. "So? What would you like to order, Miss (Last Name)."

A displeased sound comes out of her lips, bringing his attention to (First Name). "You make me sound like I'm my mother."

"Tch. No, she would be called Mrs. (Last Name), not Ms. (Last Name)." Her eyes widen, and she giggles. "Right, you got me there, Tsukki. My mistake." The blond furrows his brows at the familiar nickname. "It's Kei." 

"Right, and I'm (First Name), not Ms. (Last Name)." The girl sighs. "Seriously, we're engaged, yet we call each other by last names? How unbelievable... I don't even have a ring or anything like a normally engaged woman would have." 

Tsukishima frowns. "Then again, we've never even met until today, unlike most engaged people. I didn't even know what you looked like other than through the one picture of you that my mother forwarded me. And we've never gotten the chance to live normal lives like most people either." 

(First Name) lets out a bitter laugh. "You're right. Well, as far as I can tell, you're always right."

The blond teen picks up the bouquet from beside him, expression softening under her gaze. "Unfortunately, the ring will have to come in late. Sorry for the inconvenience." Her delicate hands take the flowers from him, as her (eye colour) irises stare at them in adoration.

"Say, how'd you know that I just adore (favourite flower)s?" She questions, her head tilted slightly in amusement.

"Lucky guess. Like you say, I'm always right." Actually, his mother had some sources feed her info about (First Name), but she doesn't need to know that. 

The pink blush settled on her cheeks spread even more, as she shows Tsukishima a breathtaking smile. "Perhaps you're my Mr Right, Kei!" The said man covers his flushed face with the menu. "Just choose something to eat already.." He grumbles.

That was the moment that Tsukishima Kei falls for his fiancee, (Last Name) (First Name), and her beautiful smile.

That is his first regret.

---

His regret number two, also known as the regret that brings the issues, comes only a couple months later when he's 16. Kei's listens to some rumours circulating around. "You know who Tsukishima Akiteru is, right?"

"Akiteru? Oh! He's the heir to some big company, right?"

"Not just big, as in really big company! Anyway, there are some pictures of him online with a girl! They were even kissing!"