Chapter 6- Answered

Start from the beginning

Drew was sharp and could put two and two together.

“He’s going to try to mess with Sara. He’s already brainwashed her enough. She’s going to try and protect him when she talks to you. I’m going to work with her.” Rudy furrowed his eyebrows.

“What?” he asked.

She gave him an awkward look until realization came over her face.

“I have my doctorate degree in psychology. I sold my practice before I came here. I needed something more low key.”

He nodded and didn’t make a fuss out of what  she just said.

“Are y sure you can handle this?” he asked. “You can’t be moral support and her therapist, Drew.”

A smile played at her lips. “I think I can make it run smoothly.”

“Fine, I’ll check in with you tomorrow.”

“Fine.” She mimicked his choice of word.

He smiled. “Talk to you tomorrow.”

“Keep me updated on anything you find out about Raleigh, also could I have the inspection report on where Sara was living or should I say ‘kept.’”

“Can you come by the station later?”

“Tell me when its ready and I will be there. I need to find her a lawyer.”

“Have the Thom’s retired yet?”

“We’ll see. Call me.”

“Bye.”

 ********************************************************************

She was happy to find Sara still asleep when she entered her room. It gave her a chance to get out and make arrangements without having to worry about her. It concerned Drew how much Sara hated to be alone. She had a lot of theories but she needed her words and the house report to confirm them. For her to be so fearful of losing Raleigh could only mean one thing. The only way she survived was through him. He fed her, provided a home and all her basic needs. Without him, she didn’t believe she was capable of making it on her own. He was a security blanket for her.

She stroked Sara’s fly away hairs before popping out into the hallway to find Rebekah. She found her quickly.

“When are you going to examine her?”

“As soon as she wakes up.”

“I have a question for you.” She started.