I don't understand

Ross' P.O.V:

The table is cold but I don't care.

I can't move my hand for a bit- not untill the new stitches 'settle'.
I still don't understand what happened back there... it escalated so quickly. The events still churning in my head.
I feel a hand on my shoulder, taking me out of my trance- it was just Red sitting next to me. He came to the hospital with me to have my stitches re- done.

"You okay Ross?" He asked thoughtfully. I thought for a little bit, does he mean physically or mentally? Either way it's a no.
"Y-yeah... I'm fine- thanks" I just wanted to think for awhile but having a caring friend isn't a bad thing either.

"Ross..." Red paused "what happened back there?!" He asked.
I didn't know what to say, do I tell him about last night? Do I lie to Red?

"Max and I... got into an argument-" I wasn't lying "A-and you know how Max is when he gets mad" I tried to muster up a laugh but it just turned into a short nervous exhale of carbon dioxide.
Red was serious. "Ross this is serious! No more lying! He could have hurt you far worse than this" he pointed to my new blue stitches.

There was no lying about it or dancing around the truth- I had to tell him.

"Th-The other night" I swallowed the lump in my throat. "When I picked up Max I found something..." I went quiet and pulled out the pill bottle.

Red read it slowly and paused...
"Ross this is- Max has" he covered his mouth in shock. "Ross why didn't you tell anyone?" He asked.
"Because I saw Max in a way that I don't want anyone else to see him in- plus it's his personal issue! I'm not going to spread that info around!" I could hear the pleading in my voice.

Red was still holding the pill bottle. "I just can't wrap my head around it..." he said still a little in disbelief. "But that still doesn't forgive what he did to you Ross that was uncalled for!" He turned protective again.
"Actually I looked at the bottle and apparently it's not just for depression, it says that it's also for his 'sudden uncontrollable violent outbursts'" I read.

"Wait they can do that?" He asked "apparently" I replied.
"I guess he hadn't had one in a while-" I accidentally twitch my finger and a jolt of pain flashes through me.

I wince in pain.
"... Max did that to you... didn't he" Red asked. I give him a look that says it all.

Now I understand.