The summer

The summer of 2012 I spent it trying to make money so I could fundraise for a new bike. This summer I'm spending trying to fundraise for a new car. The difference between the bike and the car is that one of them cost about $100 and the other adds a couple 0's to the $100. I have to fundraise because my my parents don't have the money to spend on another car for me. I understand, bills are just flying in, my sisters college tuition, my moms student loans. Everything is just not going so good right now.  My name is Lauren Cortez and I'm 16 years old, I'm hispanic and I live in this small town in northern California. It's called Santa Rosa. It's pretty small and there is not much to do, I go to a coffee shop once a while and I spend most my time at school or at a library.
My best friend is a girl named Leydi. She is a beautiful and incredible person. She has an outstanding personality along with a very funny sense of humor. I sometimes wish I was like her, I'm not tho, I'm very quiet, I'm her opposite.  Leydi is friends with most of the school, she's even friends with Giovanny Valencia. Giovanny is the bad boy of the school. Every girl wants him but he doesn't want them. Nobody can look him in the eyes because that's a danger zone . He's handsome, he's rich, and he's a bad boy. What else can a girl want. Leydi is friends with him because of his cousins. Leydi is someone, I'm nothing. That's the problem with having pretty friends, you're stuck at the end looking like a potato next to them.

"Hey B!! Guess what?!" I hear a once say behind me, I knew exactly who it was, it was a girl with happiness and love filled in her 5'2 structure.
"What?" I ask trying to show her the Same emotion she gave me but it only sounded like I was trying to be sarcastic.
"You are coming with me to spend all summer in LA!" She said excitedly.
"WHAT?!?!" I was happy, really happy, everyone around turned to me and give me a WTF face. Me and Leydi just laughed and I apologized. But my car!

"Hey leydi, do you have your plus 1?" Someone asked leydi.
"Yes I do, tell them her name is Lauren" the guy gave her a stank face and then looked at me.
"Don't tell me this is her?" The guy said looking frustrated.
"Yes this is her, why? Would you like to say something about it?" Leydi said looking a little too threatening.
"No, she's great, I have to go, i'll talk to you later." He said and ran away.