Chapter 3 My house no more

My house no more

After eating my supper, Yvonne and Marcus walk me home.

I come home to an unexpected surprise. In a sense that is.

The front door is open slightly.

Marcus and Yvonne go in first seconds later they call me in. What I see has my whole body shaking.

The sitting room is completely smashed up. The few pictures that we had in here have been ripped off the walls. The sofa and chairs have be torn apart.

I go to the kitchen. All of the dishes and glasses we own are now smashed all over the floor.

The next room I check is my uncles room that too is completely ruined.

I go back into the hallway and across the room to the spare room. It used to be my room before I turned twelve.

I had moved in to the attic shortly after.

My old room was trashed too. The drawers were broken and so was the skinny wardrobe.

I went back out into the hallway and looked down the stairs.

Yvonne and Marcus are back down stairs.

I closed my eyes and counted to three, I then opened my eyes again and jumped. I grabbed a hold of the latch on the ceiling and let myself fall back to the landing softly.

I climbed the now visible ladder to the attic.

Spotless.

Just the way I left it. Whoever trashed the house didn't know about this room.

---------////////////\\\\\\\\\------

I sat on my bed just as I heard Marcus call for me.

I got up and quickly yet carefully went back down the ladder. I told Marcus and Yvonne that almost every room has been ruined.

They asked me if any of my belongings were salvageable and I said yes. They told me to pack and that I will be leaving with them.

I go back to my room and pack. Everything I own fits into a large rucksack and a messenger bag.

I look around my bedroom one last time. I'm sure going to miss it here. I just hope my uncle is ok.