Westcrest Falls

"I mean it, Grey, I really can't stay out late."

"Oh enough already, I get it. Stop or I'll keep you out late on purpose."

Lorelie glared and yanked on a tuft of his fur.

He was loping through the trees; Lorelie sat on his back with Bramble held tightly in one arm, the other hand holding onto the fur at the back of Grey's neck.

"So... where were we going again?"

"Westcrest Waterfalls," Grey supplied.

"Right, how far away is it?"

"Not far, less then an hour's run, but I want to stop somewhere else first."

"What? Where?"

"You'll see."

"But if we waste time—"

"It won't be a waste of time, you'll like it, I promise."

"How would you know what I like?"

"Just trust me."

"Trust the giant talking wolf, sure."

"Says the girl riding the back of the giant talking wolf. What if I was leading you away to eat you and make sure no one ever found the body?"

Lorelie sat bolt upright and almost collided with a low hanging branch. Grey snorted with laughter.

"So easy to spook," he said, giggling.

"That's not funny, Grey," Lorelie snapped.

"Relax, Lorelie, I'd never hurt you."

Lorelie humphed and Grey started to slow.

"Alright, we're here, stay quiet though, I don't want them to hear us."

"Them? Who's them?"

Grey nodded towards the tall bushes ahead and Lorelie slid off his back. Slipping forwards, she pulled some of the bushes aside and peered through. Her jaw dropped.

It was a castle. A huge, sprawling palace, set behind a small lake. She could see the edge of a garden peeking out on the other side of the palace. Though it wasn't nearly as large of Rose Castle, the fact that there was another castle in the woods and no one knew about it baffled her.

Laughter caught her attention and she looked towards the entrance of the garden before shrinking back into the shadows, not wanting to be caught spying because she recognised the lady who swept into view.

It was Lady Rosalia, Beldon's sister and Luka's sister-in-law. She was speaking to someone, though Lorelie was well out of earshot being on the other side of the lake, a book open in her hand as she spoke and walked. A moment later Luka's brother appeared, Lord Braydon, following her. Taking a couple of long strides, he reached past her shoulder and pulled the book from her hand.

Rosalia spun around to try and catch it and Braydon wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close, saying something make her laugh and drape her arms over his shoulders, her reply making Braydon smile gently and lean down to kiss her.

Lorelie quickly drew back from the private moment and looked around to see Grey close by, his eyes on the castle they could see through the trees rather then the couple.

He smiled when he noticed her looking. "Like I said, there are lots of wonderful things in these forests, if you know where to look," he said, crouching down so she and Bramble couple climb back on.

"I didn't realise there was a second castle."

"Oh there are a few," Grey said as he took off again. "Rose Castle was the only one in use until recently. That one is the Play Castle, well, that's how it's known at least. There are three more but they're all but lost to time by now. The Play Castle was nothing but ruin until Braydon started work on it though. He and Rosalia have been working to repair it since before their marriage. Makes for quite a nice addition to the castles around here. Ask Rosalia if you can have a tour at some point."