Chapter 1

One

THE next morning left everyone feeling kind of drowsy and sleepy. Decorations and lights that extravaganted the living room space had been thrown together in a pile from the night of fun. My eyelid squealed as I peeked to see my brother laying on top of the party decorations with his legs barely hanging from the sofa couch. Dad right beside him laying in the direction towards the window. The sun shined on him as it was turning morning. I could hear his late night snoaring slowly drawing away from the night. As I looked down at myself I had been filled with party decorations and disatrious junk had poured into my pockets and clothes. I slowly picked myself up and brushed the pieces of particles that had been leftover. Wiping away the dust that trickled into my eyes I heard someone calling..

"Eva" dad called.

"yes daddy, I'm here"

He layed silently looking at me

"Go wake your mother I have a suprise for her" he replied.

Dad always knew how to surprise mom, it was my favorite thing to watch growing up. When he would come back from a long day's work he always held behind his back her favorite roses and chocolate candy. Her eyes would flutter at his responses, that he cared for her. This she knew. For he not spoke it only in word but with his heart too. I rushed to the top of the stairs into my parents bedroom to find mom sleeping. From afar she appeared to be in a soft daze, but tired from the long hours at the party yesterday. She had prepared a enormous dinner the night before and had been completely exhausted by morning. Slowly I walked to her by her bedside to awaken her. Not to disturb her I couldn't help but staring upclose, noticing her I felt something wasn't right. I felt her. She was cold. Really cold.

"Mom"

"are you okay? please answer me.."

A hidden voice I longed to hear in that moment I never heard again. She never met my response. My heart broke in a million pieces that morning. It was the morning my whole life changed. Her laughter and stories, her funny jokes made my history. She made my life and created my journey and now she was no longer here to share my memories. I slightly touched her forehead, gathered her skin through my fingers and cried. Crying turned into a loud wail and dad her from downstairs.

"EVA!"

"Everything alright?" he screamed

He held onto the spiral staircase, his wedding band securely surrounded his finger. The one he had for twenty-seven years of marriage. He loved her. But she was no longer here and this his heart had not known.

"Daddy!"

I stood at the top of the white staircase. My hands fell over my mouth. Tears pilling in between each breath. My hair flowed down my face mixed with my pain. My Dad was startled.

"Eva! What happened? TELL ME??"

"Its Mom" softly I said.

He repeated a look I never wanted to see again as long as I live. His eyes stood in one direction facing me. His own soul sinking in his heart. It died there that moment. His spirit left his heart and disconnected. Without a speed less or moment left he rushed into the bedroom where mom had been laying.

"Nayane wake up!" Please wake!!

"Dad I'm sorry i felt her, she's not moving"

He lifted her over his shoulders and told me to call 911. But I didn't. Instead I went to him and hugged him. Because I knew. I knew what he wanted believe. But I already knew she was gone.

.....

The last couple of weeks was focused on funeral arrangements and plans for the wake. The house was silent with fear and pain. Even the trees outside had a different appearance. Everything seemed to have a unorindary gloom. I couldn't see us back to normal anytime soon. It was a heartbreaking time never to be forgotten.