five~ new humans

"What are you doing, you shitwizzle!"

Lynn yelled and chased after Pete as he ran around the living room with her phone. It was the next day, after school, and they were all 'hanging out' at Pete's house.

Tyler was slightly stunned at her word choice and scooted back into the couch a bit, but he smiled to himself. He liked these new people, even though they may be very different, compared to what Tyler was used to.

His home was quiet, proper, and judgmental. Never an honest, kind word was said. To Tyler's family, image was everything. Every decision made, revolved around how they would be perceived by strangers. So when Tyler's parents discovered that their son simply preferred feminine things, such as makeup, they lost it.

Tyler always tried his best to not make a scene in front of his parents. He left earlier than most to make it to the bus stop, just so he could wear what he was more confident and comfortable in. What he felt pretty in. But with Josh's friends, they seemed to actually like what Tyler wore. They complimented him and weren't cruel. Tyler liked these new, loud humans.

"A l-little help, Pat!" Lynn had Pete in a choke-hold and was grabbing at Pete's hands, while Pete was trying to frantically get Patrick's attention. Patrick simply crossed his legs, and sipped his soda while Tyler and Josh chuckled.

"Trick!", Pete choked out with struggle. The red head simply rolled his eyes. "Don't be an asshole and give Lynn her phone back. Then I'll see what I can do."

Lynn's hair was falling out of her loose ponytail, and she momentarily blew it out of her face  as she and Pete wrestled around the floor. "Fine! I give up! White flag! Let me go, Lynn!" The girl unclasped her arms from around Pete's neck as he dramatized his gasping for air and threw Lynn's phone at her. She caught it with a smirk, sauntering back over to Patrick and kissing his cheek. "Thanks, Pattycakes."

Tyler started to giggle loudly at the entirety of all the events that had unfolded in the past few minutes. All eyes were on him as he quieted down and blushed. "S-Sorry." He smiled and looked down at the brown carpet in Pete's living room.

"You, you guys are j-just funny." Tyler smiled sheepishly and looked up at the people in the room, all of which were giggling too. Tyler had made them laugh.

The small boy pulled out his journal from his bag after the attention was drawn away from him, smiling softly. It seemed that for once, Tyler liked the change that was happening. He soon began mindlessly sketching as he was listening to all the other conversations going on in the room, a lazy smile forming on his face.

Tyler looked up when he heard Lynn yelling at Pete again and he chuckled. Weird humans.

But when he looked back down, he realized what he had been subconsciously drawing for the past ten minutes. Joshua. His eyes widened and his hands grew clammy as he hoped the person next to him, who just so happened to be the punk boy, didn't know what Tyler was drawing.

Luckily, he was just scrolling through his phone, the bright light illuminating his face and giving him a more exaggerated bone structure. Since the boy Tyler was crushing on wasn't looking, Tyler decided he would add more detail to his already almost flawless drawing of Joshua.

Tyler periodically looked up at him within the next few minutes. Not only because Joshua was one of the most sculpted and gorgeous creatures Tyler had ever seen, but to see if the lilac boy was staring back at him. Tyler had noticed that Josh did it quite often, and was quite bad at hiding it.

Easy conversation was flowing throughout the room when Tyler looked up and saw that Joshua was, of course, already looking at him intently, smiling. "H-Hey, Joshua..." Josh shook grinned and made eye contact with the boy, in which, the latter only blushed and chuckled. "Why, why don't you t-take a picture. It'll l-last longer."

Tyler's attempt at flirting stunned Joshua, his mouth gaped open a bit as he blinked in surprise. Lynn made a noise of pride soaked surprise at Tyler's burst of confidence.

"Wow, Joseph." Pete chuckled. Both crushing boys were blushing a bright pink and were fiddling with either their hands or their sleeves. Each time a comment was made about them, their faces would only be coated with another crimson shade.

While Tyler might not have known, but Josh was going through an internal struggle of sorts. He didn't want this feminine boy to be just an infatuation. Joshua wanted to get to know him. He wanted to know Tyler's quirks, interests, things he hated and things he was passionate about. Joshua wanted to protect this boy. He wanted to love him without it feeling wrong.

Little did Tyler know.

Joshua bit his lip as he was thinking about what he was going to do next. When Tyler saw that action, his breath hitched in his throat unintentionally.

Every little thing that Josh did affected Tyler more than he wanted to let on. And while Tyler was silently hating himself for his external expression of liking for the lilac boy, the latter decided to rid himself of his suffering over Tyler.

"W-Would you like to go out with me, Tyler?"

~~~

a/n: i hope ya'll had an okay day and had breakfast. i mean i didn't even have breakfast but i hope you did. thank you all for reading aND MY LITERAL SENPAI VOTED, COMMENTED, AND ADDED THIS STORY TO HER READING LIST AND I AM STILL DYING OH MY GOD