Chapter Eighteen: Little White Lies

Start from the beginning

"What?!"

Zamzam Amin

"Hey who's the hottie over there talking to Isa?" Muna asked as she looked there way. I honestly don't care if Adam is here like I usually used to. I'm getting tired of always talking about him as if my life revolves around him. I just shook my head at Muna and walked back inside. "He's no one." I replied getting some food from the kitchen.

"He doesn't look like a no one to me. I mean Mashallah." She gushed as she turned his way once again. I just ignored her and ate some more lasagna. I didn't eat anything at all today and I am starving. Oh god I love Grams's cooking! As I continued to eat I couldn't help but glance their way. Both Isa and Adam were pacing back and forth looking very disturbed as if they heard some really bad news. What could they be so upset about?

Suddenly Adam looked my way which caught me off guard

Suddenly Adam looked my way which caught me off guard. What are you doing Zamzam!? Turn around! My brain commanded but my body had a mind of its own at that moment. Why can't I turn around? It was like I was completely hypnotized, I couldn't break my gaze away from him. I don't know why but for some reason he looked extremely tense. His eyes continued to bore into mine for a good couple of seconds until I was finally able to turn the other way. "Oooh I see now." Muna exclaimed in a sing song voice. What is she going on about now?

"What're you talk about?" I asked taking another bite of the lasagna.

"You and that hottie!" She winked, making me cringe. I don't like Adam! How many times do I have to tell people that I don't like him? There are like hundreds of girls at our school that throw themselves at him and I certainly do not want to be one of those girls. After this bet is over and I win then we'll be done.

Instead of talking I continued to eat the rest of my food.

* * *

"Isa." I knocked on his door which was closed. "Come in!" He shouted from the other side. Opening his room I walked in and sat down on the edge of his bed. "What's up?" He asked as he turned his chair around so that now he was facing me. "If I ask you something can you answer me honestly?" He looked taken back by my question but still nodded his head slowly.

 "If I ask you something can you answer me honestly?" He looked taken back by my question but still nodded his head slowly

You know what I love most about my relationship with Isa? The fact that we never lie to each other, like ever. When I told Isa about the bet, at first he lectured me about being careful around Adam and then he thanked me for telling him. Whenever something big is going on in both of our lives we tell each other. But for some reason I think he's hiding something really big from me.

"What is it?" He asked carefully.

"What's going on between you and Adam?" I cut right to the chase.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what did he say that made you freak out? Why are you guys always acting so weird when I'm around? Why was he in your room that day when he saw me without my hijab on? Come on just tell me. You didn't tell me he was here last time so you owe me at least that much." He looked conflicted at first but then that quickly went away. For the first time in my life I saw a different look in Isa's eyes. It wasn't his usual kind, caring look that he always has on. No this time it was much different. He looked cold, distant and closed off to the world. It's like I don't even recognize this side of my brother.

"Nothing is going on so stay out of it Zamzam, I mean it." He said in a deadly calm tone. To say I was surprised at how he's acting was an understatement. The Isa I know would never act like this. "No, I won't stay out of it. Now tell me before I go to Baba and Grams about this!" I shouted angrily. Now I know that the situation he's in is way worse than I thought.

The grip he had on the arm rest of his chair grew so tight that his knuckles turned white. "Seriously Zamzam I'm not playing! Okay? Now please listen to me and don't ask me any questions. Don't ask Adam any questions either because he will say the same thing I'm saying. If you want to help me then please don't do anything. Now get out of my room!" He exclaimed, his anger getting the best of him.

I reluctantly got out of his room and slammed his door as hard as I could to indicate how angry I am. This is the first time he ever kicked me out of his room. This is also the first time he's ever looked at my face and told me a white lie.

THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER SHORT AND I'M SORRY ABOUT THAT! BUT THAT MEANS CHAPTER 19 WILL BE OUT SOONER THAN YOU THINK! LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS💕

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘