Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"What are you doing in here Miss Deadwood?" Mr Live asked. 

I was frozen for a few seconds before I managed to answer. "I thought you said I had detention at lunch for the rest of the week." I replied, thinking fast. I was still kind of shocked that he was here. 

"No, just yesterday. But I can always find something for you to do if you want." He replied, in a half joking manor but I knew if I didn't leave NOW I would end up in detention anyway. 

"No thanks. Sorry sir." I replied and left the room as fast as I could. I had just turned the corner at the bottom of the maths stairs when a hand reached out and pulled me into the storeroom. I held back a yelp of surprise. 

"What happened? Were you caught?" I let out a breath I didn't realise I'd been holding, I recognised the voice. It was Adrian. It was a good thing the corridor was empty when he pulled me into the cupboard otherwise we would have had some explaining to do. 

I moved back a little out of his grasp, so I could think clearly. Then answered "I did get caught in his room but I told him I thought he said I had detention for the rest of the week. When he said I didn't, I left."  

Adrian's body relaxed as he listened. "Okay. We need to decide when we're going to check the office. My house has the Dougs in it, so when and where do you want to talk?" I guess that meant that we couldn't talk over his and we definitely couldn't talk about it in this cupboard, we could be overheard. 

"Come to my house any time before 7:00pm and we can talk." I told him. My house was the only option left. Sarah and Mark worked late so there would be no problem about them over hearing us. 

"Okay I'll be there at 5:00pm. I better go before I'm missed." Then he left.  

********************************************************************* 

Ding! Dong! 

That must be Adrian. I answered the door to find, that it was. 

We went into the living room because I thought it was the best place to discuss plans. It had a table, which we could use to write up the plans and a clear view of the front door. It wasn't that I'm not allowed people over but the fact that the Agency had always told me not to tell the people I was staying with plans about anything. Even though they new I was a spy, they weren't allowed to know anything except that I wasn't going to be there one night. That was it.  

"I sent the pictures to Harry, he thinks they're details of where Victor does all his dealings. He's going to get people to watch the places." I told him while handing his camera back. 

"Okay. When do you think the best time to search the office would be?" Adrian replied. He was still wearing the same clothes but this time with the hoodie from last night as well. 

"Probably early in the morning, about 7:30am, when the teachers are all having their meeting." I answered, thinking it through. The teachers always had a meeting early in the morning to talk about announcements that needed to be made and stuff. The offices were small and didn't have much in them, so it shouldn't take us long to look round. I hadn't searched Victor's office yet because Harry thought it would take to long for one person to search it by themselves. 

"Tomorrow?" 

"Might as well." Then we were silent for a few minutes. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked not wanting him to leave so soon but also trying to be polite. Also partners had to be able to trust one another, I told myself that was the reason I wanted Adrian to stay longer. To make sure I could trust him by getting to know him better.